Support for native language and suggestion

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Abbat

Support for native language and suggestion

Post by Abbat »

Hello to everybody!!! :mrgreen: I am very glad that in this test board there are some posters from slavonic countries , but i wanna say, that i support regulations of this board & thats why i speak english although i am from Belarus. Now i am making language files in russian for 2.2, but it doesn't men that i don't understand english board,it quite is not, simply i wanna make a russian translation accesible for all users, when the time of RELEASE will come ;)

And i have one suggestion, or a question. Here it is:
I think that it will be very good, if developers will incude in release of 2.2 system of differentiation rights of admins, i think that, there should be one major admin and admins with less rights, for example these junior admins wount have rights to acces the profile of major admin and delete his posts.
Best regards ;)

Acyd Burn

Re: Support for native language and suggestion

Post by Acyd Burn »

The new permission system covers this, you are able to give access to certain administrative areas (for example allowing the banning tool to your moderators or a special group or single persons...).

Abbat

Post by Abbat »

About administrative areas it's clear, and what about permissions to delete & edit major admin posts?

Abbat

Post by Abbat »

That's ok with copyright mr. Burn!!! ;) We can go on talking(so answer me please ;)

Abbat

Post by Abbat »

Well :mrgreen:
Today I can ask a question more particularly

I saw a new adm. permissions system, when establishing new admins & i wanna say following:

i think, that there are no 4 options:
  • can delete major admin posts
    (major admin is the owner of the board & 1st registered admin)

can edit major admin profile

can delete other admins posts

can edit other admins profiles
I think that these options are very important in management of the board.

geocator

Post by geocator »

I think that is you select your admins properly you wont need to worry about such things. P.S. feature requests go in the tracker, not here.

Graham

Post by Graham »

And as it happens, 2.2 does have the idea of a "founder" admin, who can only be deleted or demoted by other founder members.

With regards to deleting or editing posts, if this is a worry, perhaps you need to reconsider your policies or who you appoint as moderators and administrators.
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!

dhn

Post by dhn »

Graham wrote:With regards to deleting or editing posts, if this is a worry, perhaps you need to reconsider your policies or who you appoint as moderators and administrators.
Quoted for agreement.

SHS`

Post by SHS` »

Graham wrote: With regards to deleting or editing posts, if this is a worry, perhaps you need to reconsider your policies or who you appoint as moderators and administrators.
Quoted again for basic bloody common sense.
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信
phpBB™ 3.1.x, Bug/Security trackers
phpBB™ Bertie Bear 3.0 — prosilver Edition!Asking Questions The Smart Way

upsTex

Post by upsTex »

Graham wrote:With regards to deleting or editing posts, if this is a worry, perhaps you need to reconsider your policies or who you appoint as moderators and administrators.
Quoted for the last time because it's really important.
- upsTex