logo change?

All style (template, theme and imageset) related questions for the new release; advice, feedback here please.
Skeleton

logo change?

Post by Skeleton »

Ther logo in the top left hand corner, how will that be tailored to our own site because it has a background which mixes in with the gradient. Will a blank version come?

Not Radio

Re: logo change?

Post by Not Radio »

You must tailor it yourself. Extracting the gradient is fairly easy for anyone who is mildly experienced with their operating system and an image editor that supports layers.

I'm also going to venture a guess that photoshop templates will be distributed as well.

haravikk

Post by haravikk »

Ideally the logo shouldn't have the gradient and should have a transparent back with pixels around any part that needs to be blended.
However, the same applies for making your own logo, simply making it with a transparent back will allow it to go into place without wrecking the gradient.
Images in sigs! please.

Tullamore

Post by Tullamore »

As the other people mentioned, this is not a big deal, and the development guys need to read the bit about transparencies ;) The one on this board doesn't blend right now...

To change the gradient just replace the background.gif file to whatever color you like and then the sitelogo.jpg to whatever your logo is. (Remember to make it the same size or you will have to update the code in overall_header.html)

Everything in PHPbb 2.2 seems VERY easy to work with, don't be worried about not liking the look of some things.

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

Tullamore wrote:As the other people mentioned, this is not a big deal, and the development guys need to read the bit about transparencies ;) The one on this board doesn't blend right now...
huh? The logo at present contains the gradient background upon which it sits. We'll supply (assuming this remains the 2.2.0 style) an SDK with the relevant background.

Tullamore

Post by Tullamore »

The background.gif gradient on the CVS download is much lighter than it appears on this board. The gradient in the sitelogo.jpg does not even remotely match it.

But more specifically my post was about this particular board. Even with the darker background.gif gradient across the top, the gradient in the logo does not match it and at least on my monitor it is easy to see the square shape of the sitelogo.jpg image.

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

Then I suspect you're browser is the issue, or our css does not like your browser ... for me it appears just as intended. I should add that I'm perfectly familiar with transparency thanks ;)

Tullamore

Post by Tullamore »

I'm on Win2K using IE 6.0.28, here is how it appears on my screen. [Checked in 32bit and 16bit color.]

I loaded it in XP using IE 6.0.28 and it looks much better, you can faintly see the lines, I am guessing the position is off when using Win2K
Attachments
phpbblogo.jpg
phpbblogo.jpg (26.73 KiB) Viewed 9774 times

Not Radio

Post by Not Radio »

It appears to be an artifact from using 16-bit color. If you switch to 32-bit color, it will go away.

SHS`

Post by SHS` »

Not Radio wrote:If you switch to 32-bit color, it will go away.
IE also has broken gamma correction implimentation where even in 32bit colour mode, there will be color mismatches.
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信
phpBB™ 3.1.x, Bug/Security trackers
phpBB™ Bertie Bear 3.0 — prosilver Edition!Asking Questions The Smart Way