PHP Editor/IDE

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
naderman
Consultant

PHP Editor/IDE

Post by naderman »

Hi,

what PHP Editors/IDEs do you use? I'm asking because I am thinking about which one I should use. I have used PHPEdit and xemacs so far and I don't want to pay anything for it ^^ (Well Zend Studio and NuSphere PHPEd are the best ones I think but they're expensive) and do you think integrated cvs is useful?

mf22cs

Re: PHP Editor/IDE

Post by mf22cs »

If you like to get hold of Zend Studio less expensiv, join there mailinglist... every now and then they offer savings on purchase of there products. :)

At least I have received offers...

They also have special price students.

/Marcus

upsTex

Post by upsTex »

I use PhpEdit when I write PHP scripts :) :
http://www.phpedit.net/products/PHPEdit/index.php" target="_blank
- upsTex

Techie-Micheal

Post by Techie-Micheal »

mf22cs wrote:If you like to get hold of Zend Studio less expensiv, join there mailinglist... every now and then they offer savings on purchase of there products. :)

At least I have received offers...

They also have special price students.

/Marcus
I got Zend on their buy 2, get 3rd for free. Two of my friends and I bought licenses. I didn't know they offered discounts to students. o_O

naderman
Consultant

Post by naderman »

At first thanks for your replies. I think I will stay with PHPEdit for now and hope it's development will continue fast so I will get more features soon :D And I'll think about Zend Studio and I might look for student's price. If you have any other suggestions fell free to keep posting :D

the_dan

Post by the_dan »

I'm personally liking dreamweaver, but I've never really looked elsewhere.

Dan

sparkster

Post by sparkster »

I use Dreamweaver MX 2004 but I'm finding it a bit bulky. Hunting around at the moment for a lighter weight IDE with highlighting and SFTP support.

Roberdin

Post by Roberdin »

try TSW Webcoder - has most of the dreamweaver features, and much more light weight. But you might want to change the Syntax Highlighting colours.
Rob

Hutchy

Post by Hutchy »

an editor i find good is arachnophilia (http://www.arachnoid.com)

Bizzeh

Post by Bizzeh »

how about notepad?