Subforums: Subforum, A sub-sub-forum ...

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
modenaf1

Subforums: Subforum, A sub-sub-forum ...

Post by modenaf1 »

On the "testing subforum" forum, it shows this under the moderators, Subforums: Subforum, A sub-sub-forum ...

I noticed on the CVS snapshots, the newer ones, we do not get those, so I was wondering, was this once a feature and it was removed?
Banned

wGEric

Re: Subforums: Subforum, A sub-sub-forum ...

Post by wGEric »

Its still there I believe. You just have to create subforums for this to work.
Eric

sparkster

Post by sparkster »

It's there, it's just either not fully done yet or the team have missed something or I'm drunk. Basically, you create the subforum and then go back and edit it and there should be an option "Display on Index". Alternately, you can open up the database and use this query

Code: Select all

update phpbb_forums
set_display_on_index = 1

artiprinted

Post by artiprinted »

In General settings i cannot find display on index. The list of settings when creating a subforum are:

General forum settings

Forum status: Unlocked/Locked

List forum in subforum listings:
Displays a link to this forum under the parent forums subforum listing if one exist. Yes No

Enable post review:
If set to yes users are able to review their post if new posts were made to the topic while users wrote theirs. This should be disabled for chat forums. Yes No

Enable search indexing:
If set to yes posts made to this forum will be indexed for searching. Yes No

Enable Topic Icons: Yes No

Display active topics:
If set to yes topics made to this forum will be shown in the active topics list. Yes No

Topics per page:
If non-zero this value will override the default topics per page setting.

TheCoolGamer

Post by TheCoolGamer »

artiprinted wrote: List forum in subforum listings:
Displays a link to this forum under the parent forums subforum listing if one exist. Yes No

Is this the one?