Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
DoD

Re: Karma

Post by DoD »

I think people should get "Bad" Karma is they go on a rampage :lol:

Graham

Post by Graham »

IIRC karma is not actually slated to be completed until M4. What you currently see is here to allow the developers to experiment with how the karma system works, there will probably be a few changes to it.
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!

Elf

Post by Elf »

Clearly :? :?

I remind. I very badly speak on English!

modenaf1

Post by modenaf1 »

Roberdin wrote:Isn't your sig on the large size. :P
yea I gotta trim that down a bit.
Banned

mgbowen

Post by mgbowen »

Well, it looks as if karma is no longer active. :(

SamG

Post by SamG »

That's correct. It may return in a future version.
"I hate trolls!" - Willow Ufgood

mgbowen

Post by mgbowen »

In the earlier snapsnots (months ago, maybe a year), it had karma. It also has usergroups, now it doesn't. How Strange.

SamG

Post by SamG »

Karma was removed because the developers were dissatisfied with the feature itself. I think the idea was to rethink it without delaying 2.2 progress.
"I hate trolls!" - Willow Ufgood

Roberdin

Post by Roberdin »

mgbowen wrote:It also has usergroups, now it doesn't. How Strange.
Check your UCP.
Rob

PUOJACKZ

Post by PUOJACKZ »

As I say before, Karma like Vbullettin Reputation system, is very bad.
This feature, has been considered totally unuserful from some users, due to the bad behaviour that could be assigned to an user, without that him/her could do something.

Some problem of VBullettin Reputation system is:

- The possibility, for an user, to no heal his reputation. A user, during his/her posting in BBS could change his behaviour, and, in this case, Reputation could be a bad point for who have just joined the BBS or wanna make harrasing

- Let an user to assign more reputation/karma point in one time, could be bad, because, of course, not all the people of the earth have the same feelings for each others and this could be a problem if an user, that have a different point of view from you, start to assign you bad karma/reputation points

- Using karma/reputation system in a forum full of stupid moderators/admins, could be bad because, if you post maybe userful posts, they could find the way to make you appear as bad only if you make a little error (what is happened to me)

So, has been a very good idea to delay the implementation of this system, in order to permit a more suittable feature IMHO. I have already posted a version with some interesting ideas in Feature Tracker. I hope that it will be accepted, maybe adding the old options that had been introduced in the discontinued version.
-
No animals were harmed during the making of this Message.
Rated "E" for everyone - Refrigerate after opening