Thinking about making a 0.0.12 alpha

Want to share what MODs you've gotten to work with EM? Happy about all the time your're saving? Want to say "thanks"? Here's the place.
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
morpheus2matrix

Re: Thinking about making a 0.0.12 alpha

Post by morpheus2matrix »

Ptirhiik_ wrote:I might someday rethink of this :)..
yes, i think you could do incredible things :wink:
phpBB MOD-Team Member - Check my MOD's

Support For my MOD's

Attachment MOD User Guide || Log Actions MOD User Guide

No support by PM/Email - Thanks - You want to help me ? Click here

Ptirhiik_

Post by Ptirhiik_ »

Well, the phpbb 2.1 is really outstanding, although some functions missing in it. I browsed it, and it is very near of what I have in mind actually : working per block and no more per lines, pushing and poping switches levels, and so. Although I'm not convinced at all of the utility of allowing php (that will just drive people to mix template and displayed pages), I don't think I can do better, except perhaps some very light optimisation (not using isset() ie, avoiding to generate ?><?php when it is not strictly required, those kind of things).

Nuttzy99

Post by Nuttzy99 »

Well, the one I'm working with now does everything I need. Plus everything was already formatted to work with it and I don't feel like converting to another system :P. I added one more feature so that it can include additional tpl files from within a tpl file. It really is not something anyone else should use since I'm not doing proper error handling, but it should serve my purposes well ;)

-Nuttzy :cool:
SpellingCow.com - Free spell check service for your forums or any web form!
My Other Site

Nuttzy99

Post by Nuttzy99 »

Work is progressing nicely on 0.0.12. Basically it is trying to a) reduce the amount of text the user will see at any one time and b) only ask the user basic questions and then figure out the important things for itself ;) I'm really sick of seeing some of the dumb questions that get asked time after time.

I've also nearly got the FTP Extension method working for folks with Safe Mode enabled and will be ready to test soon. Lastly, in this version I'll probably try to work with a few people to make sure it installs properly for Postgresql and mssql. I think I have an intelligent postgresql user scoped out already :D

My Other Site

-=ET=-

Post by -=ET=- »

Just a question (nothing else): do you think you'll have time to fix the compensation for the 43 hard coded image paths in tpl file or not yet (later)?
http://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB22/viewtop ... 23&t=12146

Eternal newbie

Ptirhiik_

Post by Ptirhiik_ »

While we are in questions stuff : have you had the time to take a look to my little gift ? ^^

Nuttzy99

Post by Nuttzy99 »

Hrmmmm.... well you two are pretty good to me, so I will consider doing these now :D If it takes too long then I won't do it though, b/c I want to get this out the door.

ET, I had forgotten about that list! Good to see I've done many of the things on there anyway though :P So... image thing.... I vaguely remember this. Do you have a link to our discussion about this? Or just remind what the is problem again ;) Where is the path being hardcoded? In core phpBB? That doesn't sound right. We must have meant in MOD scripts. Well then, to me it sounds like the real problem is the way the script is written. But I'm not sure. Give me an example (again :roll:) and we'll take it from there.

Thanks,
My Other Site

-=ET=-

Post by -=ET=- »

Yes, the paths are hard coded in the phpBB core files!
There is 43 hard coded paths in 19 .tpl files and EM can not manage then at the present time :(

Here is one MOD which can not be EM compliant because of that...
http://mods.db9.dk/viewtopic.php?t=2311

Here is a good starting point to re-read what we've said about this issue...
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 199#685199
...and your conclusion...
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 485#686485

You add this issue in the To do list from this point.

And at last, another of your comment on the subject...
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 848#711848

P.S.: searching for these posts I find these ones...
What's up about that...
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 495#711495
...and the new potential commands such as DELETE/IN-LINE DELETE, etc.
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=124874.
The template is still frozen, or have you some news?

Comments: that was just because I found them searching the other posts and not to forget, but it's not urgent ;)
Eternal newbie

Nuttzy99

Post by Nuttzy99 »

Ok, let's narrow this down some. We are specifically talking about tpl files. We are only talking about FIND and IN-LINE FIND commands. And the problem text will ALWAYS start with templates/subSilver/images/. Correct?

So first if I'm opening a tpl file, I will flag it as such. Next, if "templates/subSilver/images/" is in the FIND paramater of this flagged file, I should accordingly change what to find to "templates/[...template name...]/images/" and this will do the trick. Does that sound logical?

My Other Site

Nuttzy99

Post by Nuttzy99 »

FYI, I see this problem is being corrected in 2.2...

Code: Select all

"{T_THEME_PATH}/images/icon_mini_groups.gif"
:mrgreen:

My Other Site