Why not as clearly in the administration as vBB, WBB etc.. ?

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
redlabour

Why not as clearly in the administration as vBB, WBB etc.. ?

Post by redlabour »

See here :

http://www.thwboard.de/images/screenshots/06.jpg
http://www.thwboard.de/images/screenshots/05.jpg

It´s the samething at vBB, WBB, Invision, THWBoard etc. etc. etc.

Why exclusive phpBB does so bad user and moderator administration have?

phpBB is the board with the most unclear board and user administration. When is to be counted finally on an adjustment to really efficient standard solutions?

It begins already with little things. Why does the user administration stand completely down and not above directly at the top like forums and groups? Why isn't there moderator beside Admins & Supermods firmly pre-defines the group?

The past changes in the CVS appear like a forceful (!) attempt own ways to go debited to from efficiency, comfort and Clarity !! :(

redlabour

Re: Why not as clearly in the administration as vBB, WBB etc

Post by redlabour »

My suggestion a few months still wait and at least one total summary build all forums in addition Admins, Supermods, Mods and their rights in form of a TIC TAC TOE table.

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

erm, that is your opinion ... we don't have a "moderators" group because it doesn't make sense IMO. Not all users in a moderators group will be tasked with moderating all forums. If they are required to moderate all forums, tada, that is what Super Moderators are for. If you want to have groups of users moderate forums, create a group for each and then set that group as moderator ... easy. If you only want to have users moderate a forum, tada, set those users as moderators.

It seems to me you simply do not understand the multi-user/multi-group system phpBB employs. If you at least attempt to understand that you may see why things are not laid out as per other forums (and frankly I do not care what other forums do or how they particularly do it ... I'm interested in what our users want).

redlabour

Post by redlabour »

1. phpBB only user has because it no money costs. Nearly everyone wants otherwise vBulletin or WBB.

2. You do not understand to be able to de-energise it together too pedantically are 10-20 groups to form around all Mods for a MODBOARD.

3. You do not understand phpBB the most unclear are which it give. Where please can I see at one time all forums and to their user authorizations? Each administrator of a board needs nevertheless a simple overview - which you do not understand to it?

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

1) Given your attitude I'm tempted to ignore you ... thanks for the compliment. Let me say this, if you want to use other boards please feel free. We are not twisting your arm. I have a complete and utter dislike for people showing zero repect for the hours given freely by team members ... and you're doing a fine job of demonstrating this.

2) I'm sorry but I find it extremely difficult to understand what you're saying ... that's not meant offensively I just cannot reply to something I cannot comprehend.

3) User Admin will include an option (indeed somewhat already does in a very alpha state) to list a users permissions both global and per forum. If you'd bothered looking you would've seen it.

Blokker_1999

Post by Blokker_1999 »

Houston, i have a problem, I never heard of THWBoard :roll:

MrAcuraIntegra

Post by MrAcuraIntegra »

Awww, don't listen to him! PhPBB is the best board out there, and it also provides the most bang for the amount you pay for it :P

soxie

Post by soxie »

redlabour wrote:1. phpBB only user has because it no money costs. Nearly everyone wants otherwise vBulletin or WBB.
You don't know too much about the phpBB community, do you?

One word: opensource.
brian.
http://itsbrian.blogspot.com/" target="_blank

Jef

Post by Jef »

vBulletin? EWWWWWWWWW.........................

I don't understand why people use that **** when you can use phpBB or Invision. Tell me one reason. Explain that reason if it's "more features".

Really. Invision 1.1 had everything vBulletin had and so much more, and both phpBB and Invision are on their way to getting people realize that there are more types of forums.

starwiz

Post by starwiz »

I'm an admin on an Invision forum right now, and PHPBB is a lot better...it just gets the little things, like file uploading, right...you can bet I'll be moving over as soon as 2.2 is released!