Super Modertors

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
Talrias

Re: Super Modertors

Post by Talrias »

no. you have to create a group. and anyway you should be creating groups anyway so you know who is and who isn't a moderator. :)
"if triangles had a god, He'd have three sides."

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

erm Talrias, advising users is good ... if you are giving them the correct response.

The permission system in 2.2 allows you to assign permissions to both users and groups. In addition you have the ability to set specific permission types for moderators and admins, e.g. delete posts, lock posts, merge posts, etc.

So I think the answer is yes, you do not need to create a group in order to set moderator permissions ... but it's difficult to be sure based on what you say.

redlabour

Post by redlabour »

Ok - i want to create a hidden Forum between the unhidden only for my Team !

Can i edit the hidden Forum in the way that i give all my mods, super-mods and the admins to see and write in it only by a new function that let set me :

How has rights to: abcdefgh ..... xyz etc - and then choose from admins, super-mods, mods, users, guest ?

andrew johnson

Post by andrew johnson »

redlabour:
i noticed your demo of 2.1.2
it good it was took long time to install?
i love valentino rossi = it COOOL
TEST test test test

redlabour

Post by redlabour »

andrew johnson wrote:redlabour:
i noticed your demo of 2.1.2
it good it was took long time to install?
Why my demo?? I use 2,0,6?? Which you mean is WBB.

redlabour

Post by redlabour »

This thread continues here because the first questions was answered long before..... " target="_blank

Talrias

Post by Talrias »

psoTFX wrote:erm Talrias, advising users is good ... if you are giving them the correct response.

The permission system in 2.2 allows you to assign permissions to both users and groups. In addition you have the ability to set specific permission types for moderators and admins, e.g. delete posts, lock posts, merge posts, etc.

So I think the answer is yes, you do not need to create a group in order to set moderator permissions ... but it's difficult to be sure based on what you say.
which is what i meant, of course, i apologise. i'd recommend creating groups over doing all the individual permissions though, it'll be easier.
"if triangles had a god, He'd have three sides."