emc

Want to share what MODs you've gotten to work with EM? Happy about all the time your're saving? Want to say "thanks"? Here's the place.
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
wGEric

Re: emc

Post by wGEric »

Is Mods settings : a tool for mod author going to be part of EMC?
Eric

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

hu ? I don't think so :) : even if it is a good way to avoid modifications in admin_board.php, it's more a tool for author than for end users. Actually, I'm a bit lazy when I have to add options and/or users preferences into a mod, so I took a part of my next version of profile control panel mod, and used it in order to simplify this part of the job, adding a full front-end working with only parms :). I hope authors will be as lazy than me and will use it (it gives at end a cute result with many mods :)), but I'm not sure it would be related to easymod.

Anyway, this could be a funny thing to make a parm file for config vars coming with easymod : if I have a few minutes, I will write it (this is quite easy to do actually :)).

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Hop, this is how use mods settings in order to see (and modified) what's in the conf setting for easymod : http://rpgnet.clanmckeen.com/mod/mod-ea ... ttings.zip" target="_blank

Not sure btw it is of a great use, except perhaps for the version value :). By default, the password is hidden, you can open it by removing the hide in the mod_easymod.php, but be aware all admins will see it ;).

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

(damn limit of editing a post !)

Note you can also with this setup a particular pass and parms per users, adding the fields to the users table, and restricting to admin level in mod_easymod.php, adding at the begining :
if ($userdata['user_level'] != ADMIN) return;

William R

Post by William R »

Sorry if this sounds stupid/dumb what ever you want to call it but...

whats the meaning of...EMC? :oops:

chickeneater

Post by chickeneater »

EasyMod Compliant

@Nutzzy: wow! you mentioned me :) I'm happy

wGEric

Post by wGEric »

Ptirhiik wrote:hu ? I don't think so :) : even if it is a good way to avoid modifications in admin_board.php, it's more a tool for author than for end users. Actually, I'm a bit lazy when I have to add options and/or users preferences into a mod, so I took a part of my next version of profile control panel mod, and used it in order to simplify this part of the job, adding a full front-end working with only parms :). I hope authors will be as lazy than me and will use it (it gives at end a cute result with many mods :)), but I'm not sure it would be related to easymod.
I think it should be. It makes it so much easier when configuring the MODs you have installed on your board. It puts them all in one spot and you can choose which one to see. It also makes it so the person who is installing the MOD doesn't have to run as much SQL. It is an easy way to organize the configuration for each MOD.

P.S. Can you have it create tables? I know using boolean will have it just insert the config value and won't let you edit it.

Nuttzy99

Post by Nuttzy99 »

You guys will have to excuse me b/c I don't even want to take the time to read the posts on this topic right now :P

I just wanted to say that I've been making good progress and after considering what Xore first mentioned a few days back, I think I will allow the Peer Review to take place concurrently with the MOD Team review. Just note that everything will be subject to change until the MOD Team signs off on it. My approach will be that the Peer input will be valuable but I won't necessarily be desiring that everyone agrees with what I'm proposing. However, I will definitely be looking for the MOD Team's approval and won't enact something without it.

I'll probably start posting stuff up later tonight. Do not expect that I will read feedback on it unless I'm either done writing all the standards or happen to get bored :P

I've also added a few things to the list that need to be addressed and I'll post those up tonight as well.

-Nuttzy :cool:
SpellingCow.com - Free spell check service for your forums or any web form!
My Other Site

A_Jelly_Doughnut

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

/me joins the cow in dancing. :D
A_Jelly_Doughnut

Nuttzy99

Post by Nuttzy99 »

K, stop dancing and start reading :mrgreen:

(this forum)

-Nuttzy :cool:
SpellingCow.com - Free spell check service for your forums or any web form!
My Other Site