Where should the folder be?

Having problems installing EM? Let's fix that
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
H-a-V-o-C

Where should the folder be?

Post by H-a-V-o-C »

Should the easymod folder be in the same folder as your forum? Or can it go anywhere?

C-3PO

Re: Where should the folder be?

Post by C-3PO »

the easymod dir must be in the mods dir
and the mods dir is in your admin dir of phpBB

But browse this forum and have a look at the general announcements and sticky posts

wGEric

Post by wGEric »

Should look something like phpBB2/admin/mods/easymod

The posts in the announcement forum should tell you everything you need to know about EasyMOD and how to install it.
Eric

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Be aware also to not use it on a live environnement : even if a mod seems to install well on a board, the result must be consider (as for every mod) bad and not reliable, as long as you haven't performed an entire test. Keep this in mind before installing any mod, manually or with easymod. At least, a test environement is required.

GPHemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

Ptirhiik wrote:Be aware also to not use it on a live environnement : even if a mod seems to install well on a board, the result must be consider (as for every mod) bad and not reliable, as long as you haven't performed an entire test. Keep this in mind before installing any mod, manually or with easymod. At least, a test environement is required.
We are? Oops. :oops: :P

LLKwerv

Post by LLKwerv »

well you can always just use the backup files as a uninstall thingie for now if it doesn't work.
hello

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

With users posting and reading ? I doubt of that, or you show them poor respect of service (not mentioning the risk to screw your database) ;).

H-a-V-o-C

Post by H-a-V-o-C »

Well, Ok I figured it out. I installed my backed up db forum BEFORE I installed easymod. And my forum was really version 2.0.5 when it said 2.0.6 becuase of my backed up db. So yeah. Now that easymod is installed, I now upgrade to 2.0.6 THEN re-upload my backed up DB. Just a guess I made. *YaY* for me. See GP, i'm not so stupid and ignorant after all :p

AlleyKat

Post by AlleyKat »

GP never said you were stupid, he just repeatedly had to point you to the manual. :| We all know it's a lot easier to start a thread and get it explained step-by-step, but... people really gotta learn starting with RTFM (Reading The Fine Manual). *shrugs*