[rejected] Mod checker

Want to share what MODs you've gotten to work with EM? Happy about all the time your're saving? Want to say "thanks"? Here's the place.
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
H-a-V-o-C

[rejected] Mod checker

Post by H-a-V-o-C »

Have easymod check if it can be installed before it is. That way you don't install mods that haven't been typed out right :-\

GPHemsley

Re: Mod checker

Post by GPHemsley »

Are you kidding me? What do you think it does? :roll:

C-3PO

Post by C-3PO »

H-a-V-o-C wrote:Have easymod check if it can be installed before it is. That way you don't install mods that haven't been typed out right :-\

Man,this is a serious thing don't waste our time. Install the tool play around,read the forums FULLY and then come back at the development forum.

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Hey guys, don't be so agressive : explaining how it works is a better approach I think ;).

So actually, easymod perform some checks before analysing the mod itself :
- check of a part of the header : easymod trys to find something in the dir that can be a mod, by looking in the header a certain number of things, as mod name, and so. If it doesn't found it, it ignores the file,

- then, when you are running an install of a mod, easymod parses the mod installation, works on a copy of your board files and try to modify them according to the mod. If it fails (most of the time a find not found, it stops at the error and display it (with the line of the mod description which failed). At this point, it has modified nothing.

- if all is ok, you have to confirm you want to install the modified files, then the real installation (resulting in copying the prepared files) comes.

So in order to install a mod, you will have to :
- have a valid mod header,
- choose the mod and start the install,
- have no errors in the mod regarding your installation,
- confirm at end, if all is ok that you want to install it :).

GPHemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

Ptirhiik wrote:Hey guys, don't be so agressive : explaining how it works is a better approach I think ;).
Why would you think that? :lol:

I can't believe you spent your time explaining all of that to someone that ignorant.... :?

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Just because is part of support, and I hope this persorn will be a little less ignorant because of this small time I spent, and would be so involved actively in the project ;).

C-3PO

Post by C-3PO »

I agree that we must give support to each other. It is phpBB's strenght. but if you post in the "Easymod Development" forum, I suppose that you should have at least basic knowledge about the developed product. Don't you think.

and now lockie lockie.

GPHemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

C-3PO wrote:and now lockie lockie.
WTF? You do realize that only people with that ability say and then they actually lock the topic.... :roll:

C-3PO

Post by C-3PO »

yes,but nutty has other things to do then moderate this forum and I think all has been said to this discussion.

GPHemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

C-3PO wrote:yes,but nutty has other things to do then moderate this forum and I think all has been said to this discussion.
Your point being...? Nuttzy is not the only one who can moderate topics and you cannot yourself. Now I think everyone would appreciate it if you didn't say that anymore, or somebody is gonna start yelling....