emc

Want to share what MODs you've gotten to work with EM? Happy about all the time your're saving? Want to say "thanks"? Here's the place.
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
Xore

emc

Post by Xore »

[i tried replying to the sticky, but it wouldn't accept my post, so i'm trying a new topic instead]

Is there some way in which i could help out?

Is there some sort of document or template of a document that is started that could be fleshed out and/or added to? If so, where can this be found?

Nuttzy99

Re: emc

Post by Nuttzy99 »

I'm making some progress on this :wink: Each time I complete a section I'll submit it to the MOD Team for review. Once they have reviewed it I'll post it here for peer review. I do have a list I'm working off of. It's in Nuttzy-Speak so don't be surprised if you have no idea what I'm talking about.
my Nuttzy-Speak to-do list in no particular order wrote:order
+ files
+ FIND
+ commands

whitespace

FIND
+ min uniqueness
+ langs
+ bbcode faq

REPLACE
+ evil

philosphy
+ maintaining integrity

langs

styles

command structure
+ inline is for ONE friggin line
+ any tidbits

SQL
+ TBA

comments
+ in MOD
+ in code by MOD

packaging the MOD
+ building the zip

bbcodes
+ use the standards

Neded commands
+ IN-LINE INCREMENT
+ NOTE (or something like that)

having the mod been seen by EM

MOD upgrades
+ should be their own little MODs

elimination of a large chunk of code

getting the EMC seal

need to slap a version and date on it!!!!!!!!!!
-Nuttzy :cool:
SpellingCow.com - Free spell check service for your forums or any web form!
My Other Site

Nuttzy99

Post by Nuttzy99 »

But now that I'm actually writing it I don't think it will take terriblely long.

-Nuttzy :cool:
SpellingCow.com - Free spell check service for your forums or any web form!
My Other Site

GPHemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

Xore wrote:[i tried replying to the sticky, but it wouldn't accept my post, so i'm trying a new topic instead]
I had that same problem! I'm glad I'm not going insane.... Anyway, I wanted to reply to that post:
You can bet I'll be there. ;)
Anyway, I think I almost understood that Nuttzy-speak... Could that be healthy? 8O

And why do you have to wait 'til it's validated to show us? :-(

Xore

Post by Xore »

Nuttzy99 wrote:I'm making some progress on this :wink: Each time I complete a section I'll submit it to the MOD Team for review. Once they have reviewed it I'll post it here for peer review.
You could possibly post it here before submitting it to the MOD Team for review... Possibly have some sort of running feedback loop... although i'm sure the MOD Team isn't interested in continually looking at revisions... checking for suggestions first from other mod authors (might) be a good idea... (imo)
Nuttzy99 wrote:I do have a list I'm working off of. It's in Nuttzy-Speak so don't be surprised if you have no idea what I'm talking about.
My own (personal, not the one i have posted) for CM is probably equally obscure... it's a mental key mapping anyway. you have the best idea what concepts the words map to.

If you don't mind, i'll comment on some things that might bear consideration...
my Nuttzy-Speak to-do list in no particular order wrote:order
+ files
+ FIND
+ commands
things like... should files be listed alphabetically or not? ordered on directory structure (first main directory, then admin, then includes, then languages, then templates... etc)
my Nuttzy-Speak to-do list in no particular order wrote:whitespace
I write my installer with a blank line after each entry (find, add, replace, etc) because i find it looks cleaner... but no blank line before. should i remove the blank line after for utility over visual comprehensiveness?
my Nuttzy-Speak to-do list in no particular order wrote:FIND
+ min uniqueness
+ langs
+ bbcode faq

REPLACE
+ evil

philosphy
+ maintaining integrity

langs

styles

command structure
+ inline is for ONE friggin line
+ any tidbits

SQL
+ TBA
my Nuttzy-Speak to-do list in no particular order wrote:comments
+ in MOD
+ in code by MOD
issue: comments for INLINE mod edits...
my Nuttzy-Speak to-do list in no particular order wrote:packaging the MOD
+ building the zip
Definately need some standards here, and it's relationship to the COPY command in the mod template
my Nuttzy-Speak to-do list in no particular order wrote:bbcodes
+ use the standards

Neded commands
+ IN-LINE INCREMENT
+ NOTE (or something like that)

having the mod been seen by EM
my Nuttzy-Speak to-do list in no particular order wrote:MOD upgrades
+ should be their own little MODs
I've raised some issues regarding this here
Perhaps i wasn't being clear enough, i hate to say it, but i felt the answer (yes or no regardless) was given in such a way that i didn't really gain the (useful) information i was hoping to gain from it, by my wording.
my Nuttzy-Speak to-do list in no particular order wrote:elimination of a large chunk of code

getting the EMC seal

need to slap a version and date on it!!!!!!!!!!

wGEric

Post by wGEric »

getting the EMC seal
How exactly is this going to work? Are we going to have to submit our MOD to you so we can get the 'seal' and then submit it to the MOD DB or will we get the seal when we submit it to the DB?

If you are going to have it so we have to submit it to you first to get the 'seal' are you going to be getting a team together so you don't have to go through hundreds of MODs and we have to wait for months?

Anyways, it looks like a pretty good plan.

Edit: Just a thought, how about you show it to us first so we can give you ideas on what to change and how to do certains parts if you need some input on those. That way everyone can be happy with the final product.
Eric

smithy_dll

Post by smithy_dll »

EMC seal will be done by the MOD Team, may need to get a few new features into catDB first.
phpBB, its open source, become involved, write a modification!
Modifications Database | MOD Development Forum Rules | MOD Studio

A_Jelly_Doughnut

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

Any ETA on standards? I want to know if I should pause development for a week or so to make any new MODs EMC.
A_Jelly_Doughnut

morpheus2matrix

Post by morpheus2matrix »

Nuttzy is currently writting the documentation on how to make MOD's EMC :wink:
phpBB MOD-Team Member - Check my MOD's

Support For my MOD's

Attachment MOD User Guide || Log Actions MOD User Guide

No support by PM/Email - Thanks - You want to help me ? Click here

GPHemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

morpheus2matrix wrote:Nuttzy is currently writting the documentation on how to make MOD's EMC :wink:
That he knows; he just wants to know if it will be released very soon so that he can stop to wait for it while writing MODs. :)

EDIT: My god, that has got to be the worst English sentence I have ever written. :roll: