Release date?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Roberdin

Re: Release date?

Post by Roberdin »

ThinkGeekness wrote:Don't post bug reports, feature requests or suggestions here, use our tracker on Sourceforge!
Shouldn't they change that? :roll:

Yeah, well... my point still stands. The nearest release date is in less than two years. :P
Rob

A MOD's Enemy

Post by A MOD's Enemy »

On July 10th, 2003, psoTFX wrote: The anticipated finishing date is much much less than two years. That's about as good a date as I'll give at present.
That wasn't a very good date. 2003 + 2 = 2005, and it's past July 10th.

What we'd like is just a progress report. We haven't had one in 4 months.

cyberCrank

Post by cyberCrank »

ohhh ohhh -- another zombie thread lifted from its grave ;)

** an update is like near-term from my interpretation of psoTFX's recent posting about a 3.0 announcement forthcoming, but that post was a week or so ago... **

stubbers

Post by stubbers »

'By removing the head or destroying the brain... Removing the head or destroying the brain...'

Hmmm, update, announcement :lol: . I think it's a joke, he's seeing how long the community will take to go insane. For all those asking about the release date get a position as a mod/admin on a forum... I did, now I hardly ever come here

bjarne

Post by bjarne »

ok no releas date , but is there any indication on when a public betawill be out, or are the devs droping the beta/rc cycle?

Spacehog

Post by Spacehog »

why cant people just wait...???

Hosting Geek

Post by Hosting Geek »

Because its to good for them :roll:

theamazingTWOeyedman

Post by theamazingTWOeyedman »

i cant believe a php script is taking this long, its ludicris
Hosting? - mlhosting.net

SamG

Post by SamG »

theamazingTWOeyedman wrote: i cant believe a php script is taking this long, its ludicris
Yeah, yeah, blah, blah. Nobody can believe it's taken this long, not even the 1.5 developers who work on it. We can dwell on that (for all the good it does) -- or we can accept it, or we can move on, whatever our circumstances require, yes?
bjarne wrote: ok no releas date , but is there any indication on when a public betawill be out, or are the devs droping the beta/rc cycle?
I haven't seen any date updates (and I doubt any will be coming). I don't think that the developers would drop the beta and RC phases.

evilmonkey

Post by evilmonkey »

If you think there's no progress, try the CVS, it should answer all your questions. I just can't believe one thing, that a great project with a great community would only have 1.5 developers...

If you require any feature of Olympus, chances are there's a mod. Should you require all of them, you can always get a modpack (pre-modded board), though that's apparently not reccommended. I'm not quite sure why because I use a modpack and everything works fine.
VP Information Technology, Tmeet. http://www.tmeet.com" target="_blank
University of Toronto Management Student.