Public Beta?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
phpbb2_fan

Public Beta?

Post by phpbb2_fan »

I would first of all like to say.... GREAT JOB! :lol: It looks awsome!

Secondly, Will there be a public BETA of version 2.2?

And finally, When will it be officially released?

Again, I think it is great!

Christian

benchayeel

Re: Public Beta?

Post by benchayeel »

Yes there will be a public beta. Why would they let you download pre-alpha but then restrict beta :P

It will be realeased when it is done. The developers will not give a date, nor have they ever given a realease date for anything.

smiley

Post by smiley »

*sigh*, as benchayeel said, there will be a public beta.

None of us know when the betas will come out, or when phpBB2.2 will be done. You'll just have to wait.

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

I should add that when smiley says "None of us know when the betas will come out, or when phpBB2.2 will be done" that applies equally to myself :)

I do realise that some people may be peeved by the continual "When it's done" response but I believe it's the only true answer. I don't want to say "it'll be done on 31st July" only for us to reach that date and have not released it. That, IMHO looks far worse ... I don't even feel comfortable saying "well we hope to release something in a month", again when that month is up you can guarantee people will complain if nothing is out :)

Instead we operate this board and maintain downloadable snapshots (above and beyond the publicly accessible CVS of course) ... that way people can see exactly what progress is being made day to day. And real progress is being made.

haravikk

Post by haravikk »

Duke Nukem Forever and phpBB 2.2 have the same release date!
Images in sigs! please.

dhn

Post by dhn »

haravikk wrote:Duke Nukem Forever and phpBB 2.2 have the same release date!
They are still working on Duke Nukem Forever? O_o

William R

Post by William R »

Wasnt Duke Nukem forever supposed to come out like 1-2 years ago? :lol:

phpbb2_fan

Post by phpbb2_fan »

psoTFX wrote:I should add that when smiley says "None of us know when the betas will come out, or when phpBB2.2 will be done" that applies equally to myself :)

I do realise that some people may be peeved by the continual "When it's done" response but I believe it's the only true answer. I don't want to say "it'll be done on 31st July" only for us to reach that date and have not released it. That, IMHO looks far worse ... I don't even feel comfortable saying "well we hope to release something in a month", again when that month is up you can guarantee people will complain if nothing is out :)

Instead we operate this board and maintain downloadable snapshots (above and beyond the publicly accessible CVS of course) ... that way people can see exactly what progress is being made day to day. And real progress is being made.
Thankyou for responding, sir. I plan on getting a BETA verson, right now I am setting up a CVS on my home computer. From what I have seen here, it will outpreform Yabb, VBulletin and CGIBB easily. All I can say is : Keep Up The Good Work!

GrandiJoos

Post by GrandiJoos »

psoTFX wrote:I should add that when smiley says "None of us know when the betas will come out, or when phpBB2.2 will be done" that applies equally to myself :)
I saw this smiley on the phpBB forum:
http://www.kaosfusion.com/images/whenitsdone.gif" target="_blank
I don't remember which user had it... :? I'm searching :D.

GrandiJoos :cool:
What will Christmas bring???

GrandiJoos

Post by GrandiJoos »

Found it:
chAos
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... &start=260" target="_blank
In his post of Friday 13 june. I don't know how to get the "direct" URL to that post but I think you now chAos as he is in the Support Team.

Looking forward for that emoticon being added :lol:.

GrandiJoos :cool:
What will Christmas bring???