Permissions and Moderation Admin Panel

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
CynicalSaint

Permissions and Moderation Admin Panel

Post by CynicalSaint »

I dont know, it does not seem very good to me. I mean, now I have to add each usergroup individually. Yes, I get more flexibility, but sacrifice time. With 2.0.4, I could just set the forums minimal level, which was good enough for me.
If this method must be kept, at least make it so that when you select them from the "Add Groups" list, force them to already be put in the "Manage Groups" before Setting Options. I dont want to set every group with the same settings, then go back and change all of them.
BTW, is there a way to delete a Preset?

Thanks, and I hope this is not considered a "support" questions ;).
- AzN

psoTFX

Re: Permissions and Moderation Admin Panel

Post by psoTFX »

This method will be kept ... I may tweak it but it's necessary for the level of control we're offering.

I'm not actually sure I see your issue to be honest, perhaps I'm too used to it now :) You can mass add groups very easily ... control/shift-select all the groups you want and set permissions. You can then tweak individual groups as required.

CynicalSaint

Post by CynicalSaint »

Whoops, I see where I can delete preset :)

I guess if your used to it ;)
And if you have good preset, although I'm still figuring it out now :)/

But I thought the old way of selecting from drop down much quicker. Its like playing a FPS now :D
- AzN

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

Quicker? Possibly ... Less flexible? Certainly ... Confusing for many new admins? Certainly seemed that way from all the support questions :D

An example, I want to set REGISTERED_USERS and REGISTERED_COPPA_USERS to have read access to a couple of forums.

Forum Permissions -> Select Forums -> Select both groups -> Set "Can Read forum" to Yes, leave rest on Unset -> Submit

Done.

CynicalSaint

Post by CynicalSaint »

Nvm... got it.
Last edited by CynicalSaint on Thu Jun 12, 2003 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
- AzN

haravikk

Post by haravikk »

I don't see how it's that much more difficult, you only really have to make settings for the default groups (I just leave inactive and banned since they shouldn't be able to do anything anyway...). Since all extra groups are going to also be part of the registered users group so you do not need to set anything extra unless you want additional access/priviledges.

All the system really needs is a few intuitive 'default' recommended presets for the special groups and it should be easy for new users to get around.
Images in sigs! please.

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

I dismissed the "default presets" idea a while ago ... what's "good" for one person is often "bad" for another. By "forcing" admins to look at what they're setting I think a lot of (potential) trouble will be avoided.