Preferences

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
Madcow

Preferences

Post by Madcow »

Looks like you fixed the Preferences panel in the UCP.
I really like the redesigned Profile screen, looks a lot more refined and better organized.

A_Jelly_Doughnut

Re: Preferences

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

Personally, I like 2.0.x's implemetation better. This looks too much like vB, IMO.
A_Jelly_Doughnut

t94xrnet

Post by t94xrnet »

mate this isnt 2.0.x this version is a completely NEW version from that you have installed.
My bets are on this will be childs play to install when its released!

This board is truely "Next Generation phpBB"
Last edited by t94xrnet on Wed Jun 04, 2003 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
t94xr :: t94xr.net.nz
"languages are cheap, understanding them costs" ADM

Aexoden

Post by Aexoden »

A_Jelly_Doughnut wrote:Personally, I like 2.0.x's implemetation better. This looks too much like vB, IMO.
The old layout was really a pain in some ways. This is all my opinion of course. For one, it had so many options on a page, and it overwhelmed some users. Of course, a hierarchial system of tabs and such may do that as well, so it may just shift the complication. From a MODing point of view, the 2.0.x system was a real pain, especially with the avatar stuff.

Overall, I like the new UCP better. It looks a lot more professional.

TheMole

Post by TheMole »

The UCP adds the ability to easily add new tabs, thus making new sections easier for MODders. Something 2.0.x wasn't amazing at.
"It's a fiction like all history, it's been distorted until it makes sense" - Andy Yorke

A_Jelly_Doughnut

Yes, I assume that would be true, but I'll probably end up writing a MOD that returns you to the 2.0.x profile setup. :sighs:
A_Jelly_Doughnut

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

why?! I may be slightly biased (:D) but this is far superior to the old profile page. Far less opportunity to screw something up, more options more logically seperated. This is the sort of thing we "wanted" all along.

zoo

Post by zoo »

I really like it - its sooooooo much better than the previous implementation :)

SilverString

Post by SilverString »

i like it.... are you planning on linking the entire cell or just the text, as it is now?

A_Jelly_Doughnut

The main reason is that I don't like searching though 5 pages to find the option I want. I was getting 30 topic reply emails a day on a vB forum because I couldn't find the option to disable them.
A_Jelly_Doughnut