Admin Control Panel simulation

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Madcow

Admin Control Panel simulation

Post by Madcow »

When possible, could you guys make a simulation of the Admin Control Panel like the one created for 2.0.x on the main http://www.phpbb.com" target="_blank website?

Thx

eXplosive

Re: Admin Control Panel simulation

Post by eXplosive »

Wert

Post by Wert »

The control panel is still subject to change.

I'm sure that we'll consider "simulating" it with 2.2 when the release goes gold.

To do so when it even even complete yet is a silly waste of time.

If you're patient, betas will eventually be available that you'll be able to load and check out for yourself.
Need good web hosting? I recommend Hostrocket.

haravikk

Post by haravikk »

Even the CVS is fine for taking a look, May 29th build should install fine, and you'll be able to see all of the 'finished' sections in the admin panel (they look finished but might not entirely work).

I'm not sure, you might need to edit SQL for some areas, you could probably just ignore these if all you want to do is take a peek at the admin panel
Images in sigs! please.

Madcow

Post by Madcow »

Thanks, I'll give it a shot

Madcow

Post by Madcow »

Didn't work. May 29th is still unstable. What type of database where your using?

NOTE: I did get my hands a little dirty, but I don't know why I get a "Could not get style data" error. Trying to do a little debugging work.
Last edited by Madcow on Mon Jun 02, 2003 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

NNO-Stephen

Post by NNO-Stephen »

there really would be no point in releasing a erm... demo of the ACP when it's not even to alpha yet... I'm sure many changes will take place before it's final... but then I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see a demo up on http://www.phpbb.com" target="_blank like there is for the current public release oh phpBB.

hdipeur

Post by hdipeur »

Is there one of you which installed successfully the cvs? Because you are all talking like if you did, but noone sounds abble to help that guy.
Also I m wondering, where could I find a list of changes made i the cvs for the 2.0.x cvs folder? you know the version 2.0.5 of phpbb

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

As has been said numerous times now ... CVS is not supported. If you can't get it to work, don't use it ... wait for the beta release.

As with all releases of 2.0.x look @ the changelog that comes with it ;)

A_Jelly_Doughnut

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

I'd agree. Most anything can change. I used several of the January/Feburary CVS releases and um, a lot of things have changed since then.
A_Jelly_Doughnut