Supermoderators

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
Cloud

Supermoderators

Post by Cloud »

From what I read, it looks like supermods are going to be a part of 2.2, is this still true?

If so, is it going to be like the supermods mod that we have now, or differant in terms of permissions?
Unique, just like everyone else.

psoTFX

Re: Supermoderators

Post by psoTFX »

I've never even looked at half the Mods out there. Permissions are quite noticeably different in 2.2, see the SHS`'s gallery for details (listed on the main board in Discussion).

Lugie

Post by Lugie »

Okay... this topic has me a tad confused.

Do moderators, supermoderators, and administrators have anything different than anything else we could simply create ourselves?

It's kind of hard to word it. I guess what I want to ask is: Are these just predefined groups for us? Because the way I see it right now, we could make a regular old group labeled "Supermoderator" and set the appropriate permissions. Right?
I can't see the meaning of this life I'm leading,
I try forget you as you forgot me...
This time there is nothing left for you to take -
this is goodbye...

dhn

Post by dhn »

Lugie wrote:Are these just predefined groups for us? Because the way I see it right now, we could make a regular old group labeled "Supermoderator" and set the appropriate permissions. Right?
Yep. The only difference is that these groups are predefined and have their own Admin Panel entry. This is basically a nod to people who have problems or don't want to bother with a powerful permission system. You wouldn't believe how many questions there still are about how to create Moderators/Administrators/Supermoderators in the support forum.

Lugie

Post by Lugie »

Righty-oh. That does make sense...
I can't see the meaning of this life I'm leading,
I try forget you as you forgot me...
This time there is nothing left for you to take -
this is goodbye...

haravikk

Post by haravikk »

Can super mods be given admin panel access? For example to ban users? I haven't really looked but that seems like the only real thing that would set super mods aside from mods
Images in sigs! please.

dhn

Post by dhn »

You can give each and every user access to exactly the admin functions you want them to have. I am e.g able to ban people on this forum but nothing more.

Cloud

Post by Cloud »

I like that idea, nice one :D
Unique, just like everyone else.

Schlecky

Post by Schlecky »

have the supermods an own color - like Mods, Admins - that would be interesting for me!

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

Colours are assigned to entire usergroups (rather than users). So yes, they can have any colour you like.