New BB-CODE Interface

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
Schlecky

New BB-CODE Interface

Post by Schlecky »

ist it possible to integrate this really absolutly cool Mod ?

Demo:

http://www.mypolitix.com/posting.php?mode=newtopic&f=8" target="_blank

Download:

http://www.phpbbhacks.com/viewhack.php?id=1059" target="_blank

maybe its also possible to switch it in the ACP!

Greetz

Schlecky

psoTFX

Re: New BB-CODE Interface

Post by psoTFX »

We do not integrate Mods into phpBB ... the only exception is Acyd's attachment capability and then only because he's part of the dev team (and even here the code changes on a near daily basis).

Admin definable BBCode is scheduled for phpBB 2.2 and will include an appropriate ACP module.

Schlecky

Post by Schlecky »

i c

and will the BB Code Interface look like the old one or more fashioned ?

dhn

Post by dhn »

Schlecky, as you see here, there were already some changes. IIRC someone is working on improved Javascript controls. They are not part of the internal php code anyway (all javascript resides in the templates) so I wouldn't expect too much in this direction until the first RCs are released.

haravikk

Post by haravikk »

I know I shouldn't speak of such heathen here, but VBulletin board has a basic and advanced option for BBCode which I always found useful. I don't use basic myself anymour, but it was useful for inexperienced users (which I was once upon a time).

Also, I notice that the JS on phpBB 2.0.4 is actually horrible, it is pretty big for what it does. I re-wrote it for my own board theme (Haravikk.com), seems to work fine for all browsers.

As far as bandwith goes, it could be useful if admins could turn off BB controls (but not BBCode) which would cause them to instead be replaced by a link to the BBCode FAQ
Images in sigs! please.

Lugie

Post by Lugie »

I hope to God that whoever codes the BBCode interface uses proper Javascript syntax. It is hell on those of us with Visual Studio installed and it keeps asking us if we want to debug every time something wrong shows up. Argh!
I can't see the meaning of this life I'm leading,
I try forget you as you forgot me...
This time there is nothing left for you to take -
this is goodbye...

Darkshines

Post by Darkshines »

Works ok at the moment to me :?
Then again...