2 Q's

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
SilverSnake8

2 Q's

Post by SilverSnake8 »

1. i have the CVS from a few days ago and when i post a new post there is a Save button , what is it and what does it do?

2. the member list now lists ranks in it (neat!!) but i also noticed that you can't sort by it is that planned? (NOTE: this is NOT a feature request just a question. :mrgreen:)
Yea, so I don't like Bush! :P

SilverSnake8

Re: 2 Q's

Post by SilverSnake8 »

also i noticed that when registering @ my test board that most of the options are default to no... will there be an easy way to change the defaults? (again NOT a feature request :wink:)

dhn

Post by dhn »

1. IIRC the save button was meant for the file attachment dialog which now changed a little.
2. Not that I know of. Feel free to request this as a feature.

Don't be afraid to submit one, we encourage this, we just want them to be at the right place:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph ... tid=357885" target="_blank

3. I guess they are still hardcoded.

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

Sorting by ranks was left out because the way we implement ranks results in such a sort returning what amounts to an incorrect order. I can re-introduce such a sort but you will always end up with either "special ranks" listed first or last no matter what the sort order. Only "normal" ranks will be sorted asc or desc.

SilverSnake8

Post by SilverSnake8 »

Sorting by ranks was left out because the way we implement ranks results in such a sort returning what amounts to an incorrect order. I can re-introduce such a sort but you will always end up with either \"special ranks\" listed first or last no matter what the sort order. Only \"normal\" ranks will be sorted asc or desc.
for most boards that only use special ranks for Site Admin and Moderator that would bee a great way of doing it ... especially if someone wants to see who all the admins and mods are on the board.

dhn

Post by dhn »

for most boards that only use special ranks for Site Admin and Moderator that would bee a great way of doing it ... especially if someone wants to see who all the admins and mods are on the board.
Ahem, those are groups, not ranks. As Users can belong to more than one group this won't work in the memberlist. But you have the Group section (which is not yet working in 2.1 CVS) to cover that problem.

SilverSnake8

Post by SilverSnake8 »

dhn,
dhn
Official phpBB Moderator
Image" target="_blank
Official phpBB Moderator: isn't that a rank

haravikk

Post by haravikk »

Isn't sorting by rank just basically a sort by post count? Moderators and admins could be ommitted and a single link for their group added to the top of the list. Special ranks without a group could just be sorted by post count
Images in sigs! please.

Lugie

Post by Lugie »

[u:0cf79]Official phpBB Moderator[/u:0cf79]

That is a group.
I can't see the meaning of this life I'm leading,
I try forget you as you forgot me...
This time there is nothing left for you to take -
this is goodbye...

Aexoden

Post by Aexoden »

Yes, but even if the group has a rank associated with it, the rank is still a separate entity.