current cvs error

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
chAos

current cvs error

Post by chAos »

Hi,

i was installing thy cvs manually, when thy bug appeared on thy screen.

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/chaos/public_html/area51/cvs/includes/functions.php on line 802

is what it was called. on teh line 802 of thy functions.php apprears something like $user->start;

now, myself does wish to have a working cvs. does thy admin at these forums have temporary fix for it (he must have otherwise this forum wouldn't be working)?

thanks. :P

SHS`

current cvs error

Post by SHS` »

I didn't bother using the install script.

Just piped the schema and basic files.

Created a config file and Bob's your mother's brother.

A field in phpbb_forums was missing though... you'll know what to add when you try and post. :P

current cvs error

Post by Guest »

Could you guys make a working CVS? I would love to get a sneak preview.

Verteron

current cvs error

Post by Verteron »

---------------------------------------
Could you guys make a working CVS? I would love to get a sneak preview.
---------------------------------------

The CVS does work some of the time, at other times it does not. Remember it's very much a WIP, so catch it when it works and you'll have yourself a sneak preview. A lot of stuff works very well already. The gang tends to upload some experimental code which screws things up from time to time, but it's usually fixed in 24 hours or so.

SHS`

current cvs error

Post by SHS` »

phpBB 2.1.x Snapshots
phpBB 2.1.x is the development branch of the next major release of phpBB2. It introduces a significant number of core changes to various routines and functions as well as the database schema. We heavily recommend that you do not use these snapshots unless you are very comfortable with manual database work, editing of PHP files, etc. Absolutely no support is offered for phpBB 2.1.x releases, not even Milestones.

Things may well be (very!) broken from time to time, do not post asking when these will be fixed, you'll receive no answer.

:D

smithy_dll

current cvs error

Post by smithy_dll »

[OT[hey smilies are working :twisted: [/OT]

CVS sometimes works, sometimes doesn't, but you can usually get it partly working (seeing as though the code is only partly done :wink: )

theFinn

current cvs error

Post by theFinn »

Chaos: To fix that error just make your config_cache.php file writable by the webserver. Also make sure your cache directory under templates is writable.

Other wise CVS works just fine (well, the parts of it that are finished anyway..heh)

chAos

current cvs error

Post by chAos »

thanks james, that worked.

and as james also said, cvs works pretty much the same as this board. (just if you have you can see the admin panel :twisted: )

Black Fluffy Lion

current cvs error

Post by Black Fluffy Lion »

I installed the CVS a couple of times yesterday and it looks great...for those who can't figure out how to get it working, here's how to do it:

* unzip files
* with phpMyAdmin (or command lines/whatever...), run install/schemas/mysql_schema.sql on the database
* in a similar way, run install/schemas/mysql_basic.sql on the database
* change config.php to have your correct details in it (you can see how it should look in this topic: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=19242" target="_blank)
* knock out the whole of case: E_USER_NOTICE...break; in includes/funtions.php
* make config_cache.php writable
* took out forum_postable from the SELECT in includes/functions.php (in the make_jumpbox function)

if you prefer, the last step can be done by creating a forum_postable column in the phpbb_forums table, or by commenting out calls to the make_jumpbox() functions

after that, all that needed tinkering was the permissions on the fora so I could actually see a forum, and it works nicely :)

dhn

current cvs error

Post by dhn »

Black Fluffy Lion
-------------------------------------
after that, all that needed tinkering was the permissions on the fora so I could actually see a forum, and it works nicely :)
-------------------------------------

I had to insert a new row in the phpbb_forums table (forum_postable which defaults to 1) to accomplish that. You have to manually add the value 0 for categories.

edit: whoops, didn't see that you also posted the fix. :)
Last edited by dhn on Sun Nov 24, 2002 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.