phpBB 3.3.1-RC1 released

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
Kirk

Re: phpBB 3.3.1-RC1 released

Post by Kirk »

@rxu
In FF and IE 11 some icons (prosilver) look blurred, in Opera and Edge it looks good visually.

@david63
Thanks for the info

@3Di
I meant in relation to the FontAwesome icons in prosilver

3Di

Post by 3Di »

Kirk wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:28 pm In FF and IE 11 some icons (prosilver) look blurred, in Opera and Edge it looks good visually.
Correct, as if the shape were fragmented.
I noticed it already, no solution found so far via CSS. I guess that's a browser issue.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

3Di wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:50 am
Kirk wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:28 pm In FF and IE 11 some icons (prosilver) look blurred, in Opera and Edge it looks good visually.
Correct, as if the shape were fragmented.
I noticed it already, no solution found so far via CSS. I guess that's a browser issue.
But there are some icons from 4.7 which look partly bad in Firefox. Was especially noticeable in Blackfog with the gradient icons. This mix of 4.7 and 5.13.0 icons is a problem. Some icons are also moved (Prosilver Navigation). It is no longer the uniform overall picture in style as in 3.3.0.
e.g by the icon fa-gavel should insert the fas fa-gavel.
Besides: Now the gradient color of some icons has to be adjusted separately, which worked uniformly before. So that they are displayed clearly and sharply.
Last edited by Tastenplayer on Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be the best version of yourself rather than a bad copy of someone else!

3Di

Post by 3Di »

Tastenplayer wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:29 am But there are some icons from 4.7 which look partly bad in Firefox.
We know that already.
Kirk wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:28 pm In FF and IE 11 some icons (prosilver) look blurred
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

Yes, but the solution to the problem is simple: either use only the 4.7 or only the 5.13.:-) But not this mixture!

3Di

Post by 3Di »

Tastenplayer wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:54 am he solution to the problem is simple ... etc...
I realize that it is not easy to understand how the update works especially for those who are not programmers but If there was an easy solution then don't you think we would have adopted it already? Insisting doesn't help. You'll get support in the forums for your specific cases. Unfortunately, improvement comes at a cost. It's normal.

I personally have already proposed to roll back the changes some weeks ago FWIW.

rxu

Post by rxu »

Tastenplayer wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:54 am But not this mixture!
There's no 4/5 icons mixture. All they are FA5. FA4 icon names just kept working by mapping to FA5 icons via css BC layer, but they aren't actually FA4.

3Di

Post by 3Di »

Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

It is definitely difficult to explain :-) You don't need support on .com if icons are not sharply displayed in Firefox! (even if it should not be a mixture - Firefox seems to be irritated by this)
But if you type in the html file <i class="icon fas fa-cogs fa-fw" aria-hidden="true"></i> instead of just <i class="icon fa-cogs fa-fw" aria-hidden="true"></i> then Firefox will recognize the correct icon and they will be sharp (Or logically a far - if it is a far icon). At least that's how it is in Blackfog. Only that remains with the color and size correction for some icons in my style. If you insert the fas in front of it it should be displayed correctly in Prosilver.
For me now all icons in the navigation look good with the fas in front of them.http://style-creations.bplaced.net/phpBB3 Tester_1 / Login as in Quickinstall
Edit: I forgot - The icons should have at least 15px in the navigation. Otherwise, they're not all sharp.

Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

I have a most peculiar phenomenon:
For some time now, the local Quickinstall TB no longer shows the style changes in all browsers.

I thought it could be because I had big problems with the last Windows Update. Nothing worked on my desktop anymore. I had to reset the Windows version. (I couldn't even log in with my account.)

But on the notebook the same problem exists.
This is only since a few days.

I have tried different Quickinstall versions. Always the same problem.
Recompile stale style components: Yes

It's not the Firefox either. Same problem in Chrome, Edge, Edge Legacy, Vivaldi and Opera. (I had completely removed and reinstalled Firefox 3 times. Afterwards annoyed installed the Vivaldi.Cliqz browser unfortunately died with Corona. )

This problem only exists with the 3.3.1-RC1 board. Not with the other phpBB versions.

Pretty weird and extremely annoying, because you can't adjust a style locally like that.
It takes forever before a change takes effect and is displayed and only works in Edge & Edge Legacy.
Mainly concerns: font sizes and html changes - changes in common.css, content.css and responsive.css. Color and image changes are usually displayed quickly (color changes not always). Styles are not real child-styles - with @import... in stylesheet.

Quick install 1.4.2 / 1.4.0 / 1.3.7
Notebook Win10 Pro Build 19041.vb_release 191206-1406 - php 7.2.25
Desktop Win10 Home Buld 18362.19h1_release.190318-1202 - php 7.1.19