phpBB 3.3.1-RC1 released

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

phpBB 3.3.1-RC1 released

Post by Marc »

• Notable Improvements
    • Enable/disable mechanism for new profilefield types
    • Only one email notification per topic
  • Notable Bug Fixes
    • Slow search on PostgreSQL
    • Mark PMs in UCP
    • Emoji isues
    • File lock issues
    • Reset password error
The packages can be downloaded from our package archive or the Area51 downloads page. Please test the packages to extent, so we can have a fail-save final release.

janus

Re: phpBB 3.3.1-RC1 released

Post by janus »

Auto update from 3.3.0 went very well, except three warnings on the end?

The installer has finished successfully

Take me to the ACP
The database update was successful.
[phpBB Debug] "Undefined offset: 119" in file /home/janus/domains/zonstraal.be/public_html/testforum/phpbb/auth/auth.php on line 918
[phpBB Debug] "Undefined offset: 119" in file /home/janus/domains/zonstraal.be/public_html/testforum/phpbb/auth/auth.php on line 918
[phpBB Debug] "Undefined index: " in file /home/janus/domains/zonstraal.be/public_html/testforum/phpbb/auth/auth.php on line 919
But board looks to work OK.

P_I
Community Team
Community Team

Post by P_I »

Thanks team. 👍👍🍻

On my localhost testing environment I've successfully upgraded a board from 3.3.0 to 3.3.1-RC1 using the full package.

In case anyone is tracking environment information, I'm running Centos 8.2 with PHP 7.3.19 (Remi Repository).

I've specifically tested the ability to delete multiple PMs, https://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-16439 and https://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-16426 and all are resolved.

Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

So far no problems in the newly installed local TB.
Only my own standard style looked weird at 801px.
Be the best version of yourself rather than a bad copy of someone else!

rxu

Post by rxu »

janus
Any details in PHP error log? Any chance that was caused by some extension?

Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

What I noticed: When I select another style in the stylechanger (by Kirk), it sometimes takes forever to load the new style (Update at Style). Page loads and loads and loads - but the selected style never appears. (the normal prosilver style versions - not the extreme styles)
But that can of course also be a Win10 or any other problem, it's a local TB.
With the other phpBB versions testboards I don't have this problem never on this notebook. 3.2.10-RC2, 3.3.0, 3.2.9 and 3.3.1-RC1 are all in use simultaneously
Last edited by Tastenplayer on Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mannix_

Post by Mannix_ »

All went smoothly with the update from 3.3.0

Ps. I'm starting to regret my decision to twig'ify all my template file for my styles.

Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

I convert the prosilver with the ext. to twig and compare the html files in Winmerge with the files from prosilver.
Only not possible if you have too many customizations in one file (with the graphit it works like this).
Since some phpBB versions I only update my styles by comparing the prosilver html files in Winmerge. Except the comparison with the overall header and index_body is impossible in some styles. Vice versa I would never finish with so many styles. In addition, no adjustment can be forgotten / overlooked (2 styles 7 variations updated in 1 hour including error correction and logo adaptation to svg with InkScape).

Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

The font awesome icons are now much bigger everywhere. In the prosilver it is not noticeable at first sight. I noticed that, because in the ProsilverHiFiKabin this question icon stands out extremely. Also in the navbar all icons are bigger. I think everywhere where there are font awesome icons in style. But in the navbar it looks good. This Question Icon however is somehow extreme in some styles. At least now it can no longer be overlooked.
fontawesome.jpg
Hifikabin.jpg
Hifikabin.jpg (15.83 KiB) Viewed 74079 times
-------
By the way: Under which phpBB version does this board run here? The first button looks okay. But with every further attachment there is this bracket on the right.
button.jpg
After the post was published and you opened it again as if you were editing it, the bracket on the right side of the button disappeared. It's just that, before you send it.

Second test here:
Now every image file upload has a bracket on the right.
brackets.jpg

3Di

Post by 3Di »

Tastenplayer wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:14 pm The font awesome icons are now much bigger everywhere.
phpBB 3.3.1 now uses FA 5 while phpBB 3.2.10 uses FA 4.7. Not sure if that relates though.
Tastenplayer wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:14 pm Under which phpBB version does this board run here?
https://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/styles/p ... /style.cfg - phpbb_version = 4.0.0-a1-dev
Tastenplayer wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:14 pm Now every image file upload has a bracket on the right.
This does not happens in both the new releases hence it is an issue with this very board somehow, since I have just checked the code and it is correct,
value="{{ lang('PLACE_INLINE') }}"
nothing changed there since at least 7 months - master branch included. Let's discuss 3.3.1 pls. :)
Last edited by 3Di on Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades