phpBB 3.2.8-RC1 released

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

phpBB 3.2.8-RC1 released

Post by Marc »

Release highlights (will be updated soon)
  • Improvements
    • Group helper methods - New group helper methods have been added that will allow easy access to e.g. get a group's avatar
    • Add Referrer-Policy header - phpBB will now output the Referrer-Policy header by default
  • Notable changes
    • Deny prosilver uninstallation - It's no longer possible to uninstall prosilver from the ACP. It can however still be deactivated
    • User search by last visit - The user search by last visit returned unexpected users
  • Bug fixes
    • Support for newer TLS in SMTP - Enable use of newer TLS versions for sending mail via SMTP
    • Login form token check - Restore ability to login from any page in phpBB and fix issues with banned users
    • Inability to restore backups - An incorrect change in a previous release resulted in the inability to restore backups via the ACP
    • OAuth login - Multiple issues with logging in from other pages and linking a user's account were resolved
The packages can be downloaded from our downloads page as well es our package archive. Please test the packages to the full extent, so we can have a stable final release.
Thanks for testing,

- The phpBB Team

janus

Re: phpBB 3.2.8-RC1 released

Post by janus »

Update (auto update) went went very smoothly, thanks.

3Di

Post by 3Di »

Thank you Marc. :)

Please note the Wiki's link to the release highlights is wrong in your TS.
Here's the right one I think?

https://wiki.phpbb.com/Release_Highlights/3.2.8
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Marc »

Yes, I didn't get to updating those yet as I'm currently on the road. Will try to get to it in the next few days.

Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Marc »

And first post has been updated. ;)

3Di

Post by 3Di »

👍

Updated my test board (locally), no issues so far with all of the extensions in development there installed. :)
Group helper methods - New group helper methods have been added that will allow easy access to e.g. get a group's avatar
I guess this needs to be documented, poked mrgoldy about.
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

mrgoldy
Former Team Member

Post by mrgoldy »

Where should I document those?
Or just write a small posts in the Ext Writers forum or something?
phpBB Studio Proud member of the Studio!

CheGuevara

Post by CheGuevara »

em, what happened to 3.3 ?

3Di

Post by 3Di »

Marc wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:24 am And first post has been updated. ;)
Great,
I thought it would be useful to let people know and then note down in the changes the addition of the user interface for ACP mass-emails. :)

EA117

Post by EA117 »

Issues resolved by pulling in the updated s9e/text-formatter might deserve a mention in the Bug Fixes list that goes public.
  • Certain emoji characters no longer render correctly after phpBB 3.2.6 (PHPBB3-16074)
    • BBCodes using {TEXT} token in HTML tags may not work after phpBB 3.2.6. (PHPBB3-16053)