phpBB 3.2.7-RC1 released

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

phpBB 3.2.7-RC1 released

Post by Marc »

Release highlights
  • Bug fixes
    • Form token in login forms - Some login forms were missing form tokens and older styles did not support logging in
    • Inability to change topic type - A missing event dispatcher caused an internal server error when changing topic types
    • View PM folder broken - An incorrect PM state caused an undefined index error
    • URL links incorrectly shortened - Links were incorrectly shortened when posted inside the [url=] BBCode
The packages can be downloaded from our downloads page as well es our package archive. Please test the packages to the full extent, so we can have a stable final release.
Thanks for testing,

- The phpBB Team

3Di

Re: phpBB 3.2.7-RC1 released

Post by 3Di »

Thanks Marc, well done.

On a side note, I have already applied this 5 PRs to my 3.2.6 installations (locally)
https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/milestone/31?closed=1 ( http://prntscr.com/nk4pbr )
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

Solidjeuh

Post by Solidjeuh »

Thank you! Updated, and all good! No bugs so far ....

Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

No problems so far in my local TB

mrgoldy
Former Team Member

Post by mrgoldy »

A missing event dispatcher caused an internal server error when change topic types
Not sure if these release highlights are used for the final package, but if so: changing*
phpBB Studio Proud member of the Studio!

Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

A missing event dispatcher caused an internal server error when change topic types
Not on my local test board! I made a new installation

Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

This is definitely not the case in my newly (not updated) installed local Quickinstall Testboard in Xampp.

php 7.1.19
MySQL(i) 10.1.34-MariaDB

Lady_G

Post by Lady_G »

I have no problems updating my production database from 3.2.5 to 3.2.7-RC1. I followed the recommending update procedure using the full install package.

Environment: localhost (testing)
PHP: 7.2.17
Database: postgreSQL 10.7

Regarding 3.2.6 -

My attempt to upgrade from 3.2.5 to 3.2.6 encountered both the Inability to change topic type and View PM folder broken bugs.

Version 3.2.7-RC1 did not encounter any of these bugs, which confirms the fixes.

Solidjeuh

Post by Solidjeuh »

And updated to 3.2.7 without problems :D

Solidjeuh

Post by Solidjeuh »

Why is phpBB still not being converted to Twig syntax? Extensions are beginning to use it, and I also see it's being used in pull requests. Example: https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/pull/5575/files

It would also be easier to manually update forum styles. Now we need to search things like {S_LOGIN_REDIRECT} that is completely different in Twig syntrax. Example: https://area51.phpbb.com/code-changes/3 ... .html.html