phpBB 3.2.5-RC1 released

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

phpBB 3.2.5-RC1 released

Post by Marc »

Release highlights
  • Bug fixes
    • BBCode parsing fatal error - PHP fatal error encountered when calling generate_text_for_display() more than once on a page
    • Assets version not appended to JS files - For some JS files that were included with INCLUDEJS, the assets version was not appended
    • Missing cast for variable in PHP 7.1+ - The maximum execution time was not properly cast to integer on the ACP extensions page
The packages can be downloaded from our downloads page as well es our package archive. Please test the packages to the full extent, so we can have a stable final release.
Thanks for testing,

- The phpBB Team

P_I
Community Team
Community Team

Re: phpBB 3.2.5-RC1 released

Post by P_I »

Downloaded full package. Previous board version is 3.2.4 (on PHP 7.0.32 (CentOS 7.x).

Followed Knowledge Base - Updating 3.2.x and sanity tested post install. So far so good.

Added: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5420 @ 2.50GHz (8 cores)
Last edited by P_I on Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

lopoto

Post by lopoto »

:ugeek: So far so good

Solidjeuh

Post by Solidjeuh »

Updated from 3.2.4 to 3.2.5-RC1 went perfect!
Used the full package.

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz (8 core(s))
Plesk Onyx v17.8.11_build1708180301.19 os_CentOS 7
CentOS Linux 7.5.1804 (Core)

3Di

Post by 3Di »

I do confirm.

Intel(R) 3Deon(R) CPU E5-5260 v3Di @ 7.20GHz (24 core(s)) 🤓🙂
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

Lady_G

Post by Lady_G »

I have successfully updated from 3.2.4 to 3.2.5-RC1, but I have a concern about the cache/ directory.

Test environment: localhost
Database: PostgreSQL 9.2.23, size: 27 GB
PHP: 7.1.22
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 core) - desktop for testing
Memory driver in config.php: $acm_type = 'memcache';

After the full package install, I cleared the cache using php bin/phpbbcli.php cache:purge. A cache/production directory and index.htm remained, both are owned by apache.

During my previous upgrade from 3.2.3 to 3.2.4, there was no problem with localhost testing. When I installed the upgrade on my production server, I encountered a blank screen. I manually cleared the cache/ from the command line (rm -rf *) and the upgrade was successful.

My production server is CentOS Linux release 7.4.1708 (Core), which may explain why it acted differently than my localhost testing.

I have had this problem prior to 3.2.4, which is why I knew what to do. I expect this problem to repeat for 3.2.5.

I know that I have discussed this before in the phpBB general forum, but I can't find the info nor can I find it in a bug report.