More easy update Procedure, via Button in Adminarea

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
blackcrack

More easy update Procedure, via Button in Adminarea

Post by blackcrack »

Hi,

this is my first Topic and i want first say Hi :) Nice Board there... :)

so, now to the Suggestion/idea from me, why do you not including now an Update - Procedure popup Button,
like in Own and Next cloud, it should normally possible to make a update with php commands and internal bash
commands like unzip and something in this direction with tar and gz and by side to make it all over
an update script, where makes this procedure more easy like a snap of the fingers ..
for make it more save and save the admin time and trouble .. and this maby with a
php binary who make automatism via cron, like the occ php binary possible (as 2nd suggestion/idea)
I have in the next 1,1/2 jears less time for bing me in.. this is also the reason, why i can't be there often ,
but i have see, something could be really usable in phpbb ..
with this could be make a autoupdate an a "stable" or "production" branch also possible,
if the administrator enable it..

best regards
Blacky

CHItA
Development Team
Development Team

Re: More easy update Procedure, via Button in Adminarea

Post by CHItA »

It was discussed in multiple locations e.g.: viewtopic.php?f=126&t=50901

blackcrack

Re: More easy update Procedure, via Button in Adminarea

Post by blackcrack »

thank you :)
you can close this topic :)

best regards
Blacky
Last edited by DavidIQ on Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed link spam