phpBB 3.2.1 RC1 released

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

phpBB 3.2.1 RC1 released

Post by Marc »

Release highlights
  • New features
    • Version check supports branches - Both the phpBB and extension version check now support branches
  • Enhancements
    • Updated dependencies - Updated dependencies to latest versions, e.g. Symfony, Twig
  • Notable changes
    • High-res icons in prosilver - prosilver is now using higher res images for the imageset icons
  • Notable bug fixes
    • Invalid constructor in FTP file updater - The invalid constructor prevented using the FTP file updater
    • Multiple issues in text formatter - This caused e.g. issues with some smilies and BBCodes
    • Fix migration dependency preventing update from before phpBB 3.0.6 - Migration to 3.2.0 didn't check dependency correctly for upgrades from pre 3.0.6 versions
The packages can be downloaded from our package archive. Please test the packages to extend, so we can have a stable final release.
The phpBB Team

John P

Re: phpBB 3.2.1 RC1 released

Post by John P »

Update was smooth, without problems after clearing installer cache.
Catchable fatal error: Argument 7 passed to phpbb\template\twig\environment::__construct() must be an instance of phpbb\event\dispatcher_interface, array given, called in /home/..../public_html/..../cache/installer/container_a5fcce7799cdc15359366537322eb9a2.php on line 1967 and defined in /home/..../public_html/...../install/update/new/phpbb/template/twig/environment.php on line 62

Unclear is the third page: File updater methods

John P

Post by John P »

A nice question for you developers

Isn't it really possible to have a little system about naming config value's used by cron.
Again another cron task and again new names for it's time-values: update_hashes_last_cron

That should not be that difficult!

Solidjeuh

Post by Solidjeuh »

I'm updating my style to 3.2.1 RC1
But what is this? Do I need to do anything with this?

Code: Select all

diff --git a/phpBB/styles/prosilver/theme/images/announce_read.gif b/phpBB/styles/prosilver/theme/images/announce_read.gif
index 9457870..b61cc54 100644
Binary files a/phpBB/styles/prosilver/theme/images/announce_read.gif and b/phpBB/styles/prosilver/theme/images/announce_read.gif differ
diff --git a/phpBB/styles/prosilver/theme/images/announce_read_locked.gif b/phpBB/styles/prosilver/theme/images/announce_read_locked.gif
index 76ead8a..8c7393e 100644
Binary files a/phpBB/styles/prosilver/theme/images/announce_read_locked.gif and b/phpBB/styles/prosilver/theme/images/announce_read_locked.gif differ
diff --git a/phpBB/styles/prosilver/theme/images/announce_read_locked_mine.gif b/phpBB/styles/prosilver/theme/images/announce_read_locked_mine.gif
index 2105d21..e3f6e62 100644
Binary files a/phpBB/styles/prosilver/theme/images/announce_read_locked_mine.gif and b/phpBB/styles/prosilver/theme/images/announce_read_locked_mine.gif differ
diff --git a/phpBB/styles/prosilver/theme/images/announce_read_mine.gif b/phpBB/styles/prosilver/theme/images/announce_read_mine.gif
index 2c88cac..d57e5d0 100644

A_Jelly_Doughnut

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

Solidjeuh wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:49 pm I'm updating my style to 3.2.1 RC1
These image files were updated to have higher resolution for high DPI screens. #15037
A_Jelly_Doughnut

Solidjeuh

Post by Solidjeuh »

A_Jelly_Doughnut wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:38 am
Solidjeuh wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:49 pm I'm updating my style to 3.2.1 RC1
These image files were updated to have higher resolution for high DPI screens. #15037
Aah ok thank you :)

John P

Post by John P »

Lot of changes in meta-data-manager.
Makes a lot of extensions not compatible

Events renamed in acp_extension

Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Marc »

While the metadata manager contains changes, this should not affect extensions. If you think this caused extensions to be no longer compatible, then please elaborate on what changed and causes issues for you.

I think we overlooked the event already being part of a previous release and therefore didn't object to the renaming. That is something that can be undone to prevent potential issues for extension authors.

javiexin

Post by javiexin »

The only non-bc change in Metadata Mgr is the move of the output_metadata_to_template function to acp_extension, where it belongs. And yes, this affects your "upload" extension.
If you find any other non-bc compatible change, it is unintended, and should be fixed.

sajaki

Post by sajaki »

hi,

Could you please indicate if existing 3.2.0 styles need to be updated for 3.2.1 ?