GSoC proposal review - Ad management ext

Discuss general development subjects that are not specific to a particular version like the versioning control system we use or other infrastructure.
Senky
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

GSoC proposal review - Ad management ext

Post by Senky »

Hi guys,
I thought I might be given valuable feedback from the community I would like to contribute in GSoC, so maybe some of you will find some time to review my proposal and see if it contains everything required and specific enough.

Thanks in advance!
Attachments
Advertisement management extension.pdf
(211.31 KiB) Downloaded 905 times
Last edited by Senky on Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Meis2M

Re: GSoC proposal review

Post by Meis2M »

i liked it

Vinny
Style Customisations
Style Customisations

Post by Vinny »

I liked it too.

Any chance to use every template events as locations?
Banner upload. Admin can upload image banner directly from ACP. The extension will automatically generate HTML code.
Nice feature. Integrated with Plupload would be amazing.

3Di

Post by 3Di »

Just a note. the topic title should reflect this specific proposal.

To be taken into consideration is the fact users will ask for image resizing, in case of image banners upload.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

Senky
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by Senky »

Vinny wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:42 amAny chance to use every template events as locations?
Sure. But as some team members already pointed out in one of my PRs dealing with all template events - the problem is with the end user, who needs to see proper description of the event instead of it's identifier. Maybe I could read that from events.md, but who knows. Anyway, great idea, I will update my proposal :)

3Di wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:19 amTo be taken into consideration is the fact users will ask for image resizing, in case of image banners upload.
No problem with that, though I experienced some colour problems with php resizing. Anyway, thanks. I will add this to my proposal as well.

3Di

Re: GSoC proposal review - Ad management ext

Post by 3Di »

In case you are bound to read from events.md, beware that not all the users upload/update the docs folder.
We already discussed this for another case at DOT com. may be is better to rely on the github source or another one.

About the resizing, the color issue, I am working on a resizer/rotator/watermark code.
I will learn a lot from my work, glad to share some hint in case.
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

Senky
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by Senky »

3Di wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:33 amIn case you are bound to read from events.md, beware that not all the users upload/update the docs folder.
Events descriptions will be extracted from newest version and somehow injected into extension (maybe language file?), so don't worry :)
3Di wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:33 amAbout the resizing, the color issue, I am working on a resizer/rotator/watermark code.
I will learn a lot from my work, glad to share some hint in case.
I will be happy to see this! I will contact you then!

3Di

Post by 3Di »

Senky wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:25 am Events descriptions will be extracted from newest version and somehow injected into extension (maybe language file?), so don't worry :)
Extensions (AFAIK) aren't allowed to inject anything. How do you think to update those descriptions then?

Senky
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by Senky »

3Di, I mean something like autogenerated language file, content of which will be extracted from events.md.

3Di

Post by 3Di »

Senky wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:26 am
Vinny wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:42 amAny chance to use every template events as locations?
Sure. But as some team members already pointed out in one of my PRs dealing with all template events - the problem is with the end user, who needs to see proper description of the event instead of it's identifier. Maybe I could read that from events.md, but who knows. Anyway, great idea, I will update my proposal :)
I better see the issue here, why not to provide visive examples instead of verbose?

Desciptions are more for coders but end users.

I use for my coding needs the Template Events extension, helps a lot, see here.
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_2.png
Ofcourse creating an array (list) of those events which are really useful for ADs.