phpBB 3.2 language problems

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
CHItA
Development Team
Development Team

Re: phpBB 3.2 language problems

Post by CHItA »

leschek wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:03 pm Can I translate words between tags <info>--send-email</info> (in this case --send-email) in language file: language/xy/cli.php?

Example: To optionally send an email to the new user, use the <info>--send-email</info> option

EDIT: I guess it shouldn't be translated.
it shouldn't

leschek

Post by leschek »

Thanks

leschek

Post by leschek »

There is in phpBB 3.2 RC2 small typo in language file acp/extensions.php. On line 46 is:

'EXTENSION_NOT_INSTALLED' => 'The extension %s is not available. PLease check that you have installed it correctly.',

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Post by DavidIQ »

leschek wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:31 pm There is in phpBB 3.2 RC2 small typo in language file acp/extensions.php. On line 46 is:

'EXTENSION_NOT_INSTALLED' => 'The extension %s is not available. PLease check that you have installed it correctly.',
Yes it was reported and fixed a few hours after the release.

david63

Post by david63 »

leschek wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:31 pm There is in phpBB 3.2 RC2 small typo in language file acp/extensions.php. On line 46 is:

Already in Bug Tracker - https://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-14910
David
Remember: You only know what you know -
and you do not know what you do not know!

leschek

Post by leschek »

DavidIQ wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:57 pmYes it was reported and fixed a few hours after the release.
david63 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:59 pm Already in Bug Tracker - https://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-14910
Oh, I'm sorry I didn't check bug tracker.

I was trying to update my translation of 3.2 RC2 and here are a few lines I have problem to understand and can't translate:

in file cli.php
  1. line 89: 'CLI_DESCRIPTION_UPDATE_CHECK_ARGUMENT_1' => 'Name of the extension to check (if all, checks all the extensions)',
    Is it mean that if user write "all", then all extensions will be checked? I'm not sure if I can translate word "all".
  2. line 90: 'CLI_DESCRIPTION_UPDATE_CHECK_OPTION_CACHE' => 'Run check command with cache.',
    Can I translate it as "Run check command with using of cache"?
  3. Line 93: 'CLI_ERROR_INVALID_STABILITY' => '"%s" is not a valid stability.',
    Not sure what this line mean. I guess it could mean ""%s" is not a valid stable version", but I'm not sure. Here is ticket about the issue.
In file vendor\symfony\http-foundation\File\MimeType\MimeTypeGuesser.php are some hard coded messages which could appear during board update:
line 131: $msg = 'Unable to guess the mime type as no guessers are available';
line 133: $msg .= ' (Did you enable the php_fileinfo extension?)';

when those messages appear, whole updater is switched to English, despite other (Czech) language was selected for updating.

Nicofuma
3.2 Release Manager
3.2 Release Manager

Post by Nicofuma »

1. Should be read as Name of the extension to check (if "all", checks all the extensions) the first all is the value to use and shouldn't be translated
2. yes, it is Run check command with using of cache
3. It is a bit more complex as the valid values are (iirc) stable, rc, beta, alpha, dev
Member of the phpBB Development-Team
No Support via PM

leschek

Post by leschek »

Thank you for explanation. I still don't understand completely this:

'CLI_ERROR_INVALID_STABILITY' => '"%s" is not a valid stability.',

Can I translate it as "%s" is not a valid value.?

3Di

Post by 3Di »

"%s" is not a valid version identifier. should fit IMO

Source: http://semver.org/#spec-item-11
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

leschek

Post by leschek »

Thank you. Finally I understand it.