Bug Tracker and PRs

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
3Di

Bug Tracker and PRs

Post by 3Di »

It's me or something changed into the Bug Tracker?¿
It's a lot of time I am not being able to see the link to where to directly go to the related PR created in github.

Basically I see:

Patch awaiting review but not a link to it nor who created it nor to whom has been assigned to, etc..

Should I set something there?
Thanks in advance.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Re: Bug Tracker and PRs

Post by hanakin »

its because the original pull did not meet the requirements for the proper format of the commit messages. the link is auto generated by a script based on the formating of the commit messages and the pr message

IDK the specifics for what and how specifically does what but if you do not see a link you may need to close your pr and rebase the commit messages and then resubmit the pr to ensure it links
Donations welcome via Paypal Image

3Di

Post by 3Di »

I am generally speaking, I am now not able anymore to lurk at the tracker the way I always did (as ANONYMOUS).

Before there it was a right-sidebar with the real-time infos about what's happening.
There it was always a link into the Tickets to where directly go to the related github'd PRs.

About the rebase of PRs and all, yes.. I've already faced this stuff and I will never forget. :)

Thanks.
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

3Di

Post by 3Di »

So, basically the problem is that once you are logged in everything is displayed as it should be, the activity stream right-bar is there and you can see the links to PRs and all.. but as ANONYMOUS.

Something changed about view permissions or the like I think, is it possible to restore the permissions also for guests? I am not all the time sat down on my chair in front of my home-PC, therefore I need to lurk at the tracker also from different devices, not always are mine and my PWs aren't there stored.

Thanks.

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Post by DavidIQ »

This is inherent to how JIRA works by default in their latest version(s). We haven't changed any permissions to restrict view access to this information. This does not appear to be changeable.