phpBB 3.1.10 RC1 released

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
RMcGirr83

Re: phpBB 3.1.10 RC1 released

Post by RMcGirr83 »

There is something wrong with the changes to the migration part of phpBB with this version. https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2390376
Do not hire Christian Bullock he won't finish the job and will keep your money

neufke

Post by neufke »

@marc: best course of action (with extreme migration time in mind and the quote around bbcode ticket not fixed) Safely update to the 3.1.10 because it doesn't touch these issues or carefully test?

Asking because i saw the unverified fix (#14740) being kicked out few days ago AND extensive work being done on the migrator.

Thanx !
Last edited by neufke on Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader

Post by DavidIQ »

If you're talking about the unparsed BBCode that happens if there is a BBCode being the first thing nested inside the quote tag then, as far as I know, that's been an issue for a very long time and I don't think will be touched in 3.1. It has been fixed in 3.2.

neufke

Post by neufke »

DavidIQ wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:00 pm If you're talking about the unparsed BBCode that happens if there is a BBCode being the first thing nested inside the quote tag then, as far as I know, that's been an issue for a very long time and I don't think will be touched in 3.1. It has been fixed in 3.2.
Thanx David, it WAS fixed but few days ago it was rejected and reset to OPEN.

https://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-14740

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

That's for 3.2 though while this is the 3.1 release topic.

neufke

Post by neufke »

I know David. But my second problem was the extremely long migration times when updating from 3.1.9 to 3.2.0RC1, i know Marc was working on multiple things including the BBCode parsing problems and the migration problem... 2 things i desperately need fixed on my prod environment...

So back to my original question, best course of action, can i do the update to 3.1.10 safely or do i have to thread very carefully OR is it better to wait for 3.2.0RC2...

I hope you understand what i mean?

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

There's issues with some extensions and the migrations that some of them have but, far as I'm aware, this hasn't affected the actual phpBB install/upgrade. We don't have a timeframe for 3.2-RC2 to share right now so entirely up to you if you want to wait.
neufke wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:02 pmThanx David, it WAS fixed but few days ago it was rejected and reset to OPEN.

https://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-14740
Also the status of the above mentioned ticket was not changed because the pull request specific to that ticket was denied. It was changed accidentally and automatically by a GitHub process we have in place and was due to an unrelated rejected change. The pull request for the above referenced ticket was already merged back in August.

neufke

Post by neufke »

Thanx for clearing up the last part David!

As for the upgrade part, i am making a local copy right now, going to do the exact same exercise as before. Let's just see what is happening. I think that either way, any feedback would be good because i was the one who had the long migration times before (same db)

Thanx again for your time!

(Ps, maybe the ticket status should be changed manually for now then, if it is indeed fixed and already merged then the "open status" is only a faulty flag... ;-)
Last edited by neufke on Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

neufke wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:30 pm(Ps, maybe the ticket status should be changed manually for now then, if it is indeed fixed and already merged then the "open status" is only a faulty flag... ;-)
JIRA apparently doesn't let you change the status back to "Unverified fix". I can instead close it and mark it as fixed but not sure that's what we want to do with these. I'll let someone else decide that :P

neufke

Post by neufke »

DavidIQ wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:33 pm
neufke wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:30 pm(Ps, maybe the ticket status should be changed manually for now then, if it is indeed fixed and already merged then the "open status" is only a faulty flag... ;-)
JIRA apparently doesn't let you change the status back to "Unverified fix". I can instead close it and mark it as fixed but not sure that's what we want to do with these. I'll let someone else decide that :P
Now that i know that it is fixed it is fine by me either way but i hate open tickets myself @work so that is the reason i made the suggestion... ;-)

I just wait for the RC2 release (whenever it is ready, no hurry) and test it with feedback. Thanks again guys!