New theme for ACP

Discuss requests for comments/changes posted in the Issue Tracker for the development of phpBB's style.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB or modifying styles of released phpBB versions. If you need support for phpBB please visit the Support Forums on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding creating styles please post in Styles Support & Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
Meis2M Online

New theme for ACP

Post by Meis2M »

Hi i think we should discuss about new theme with new framework for phpBB ACP.

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Re: New theme for ACP

Post by DavidIQ »

Marc wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:02 am I've actually been working on reworking the overall ACP UI and UX in the past months (goal is for 3.3 obviously). The general setup is not final and I'll talk about it soon in a separate topic.

What I'm currently using for the ACP is a Bootstrap base. There are two SCSS files that are compiled using Gulp, combined with the bootstrap scss file, and minified into one stylesheet CSS. You can find a current working copy of that in my repository:
https://github.com/marc1706/phpbb/tree/ ... p_redesign

Most of the ACP style files are actually here: https://github.com/marc1706/phpbb/tree/ ... yle/assets

GIF giving an overview of the general views and the top menu:
http://imgur.com/5pgtVQo

Current repsonsive view with sidebar:
I do also agree that we should try to move forward from prosilver, something we probably should've already targeted for 3.1. There are a lot of new tools and design approaches out there nowadays. We should take these opportunities and improve the usabilitiy and overall look of phpBB on the frontend. hanakin has already put some thought into this and I think with the community we'll be able to create something that will put phpBB into the current times.

david63

Post by david63 »

Personally I cannot see anything wrong with the current ACP - OK it could perhaps do with a "freshen up" with a change of colours. And no disrespect to Marc but I just do not like that layout.

My big concern with all of this change to styles is the impact that it is going to have on extensions - unless there is the facility to have some backwards compatibility, or an option to use the "new" or "old" ACP style then many extensions may not work
David
Remember: You only know what you know -
and you do not know what you do not know!

hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Post by hanakin »

extensions are more BC by nature...The only thing that would need to be updated is the styles for the most part.

Also the biggest thing that a new theme fixes is the code for the theme as its old as *beep*, hard to maintain, and breaking everywhere!
Donations welcome via Paypal Image

CarpCharacin

Post by CarpCharacin »

hanakin wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:24 pm extensions are more BC by nature...The only thing that would need to be updated is the styles for the most part.

Also the biggest thing that a new theme fixes is the code for the theme as its old as *beep*, hard to maintain, and breaking everywhere!
+1

Louis7777

Post by Louis7777 »

I actually like the militaire colors of the current ACP.

It makes me feel like I login to pentagon's control panel.