phpBB 3.2.0-b2 released

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
neufke

Re: phpBB 3.2.0-b2 released

Post by neufke »

CHItA wrote: Tue May 10, 2016 7:34 pm Thanks a lot.

Update: Also, the db update progress bar has the total of all migrations and not all migrations that should be ran, so that's fine. Doesn't it go to full instantly when the update is finished?
No, last thing i see is @ 44% before the green msg saying migration succeeded and i can login to ACP

3Di

Post by 3Di »

Hi all,
seems like the usage of request_var for a login box breaks the BC

https://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-14636

request_var-BC-break-1.png
For my Tool I managed to use an if else statement based on which phpBB version is running but I think it should work anyway, due to the fact has been stated it will be removed in 3.3.0.

Thanks.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Using either request_var or $request->variable your file works fine in my 3.2.0-b2 install.
Do not hire Christian Bullock he won't finish the job and will keep your money

3Di

Post by 3Di »

RMcGirr83 wrote: Thu May 12, 2016 9:06 am Using either request_var or $request->variable your file works fine in my 3.2.0-b2 install.
During all of my test I did'nt encountered this issue before nor my Users did, so I released the Tool v2.0.0-b2 that uses just request_var for all of the three versions of phpBB (3.0, 3.1, 3.2).

Since yesterday, I tried the incoming new version of it on my live Board (PHP 7.0.5) and in local (PHP 6.4..) and I got this issue, right now I tried again this simple snippet that throws the same error screen as the one I above attached.

Code: Select all

<?php
define('IN_PHPBB', true);
$phpbb_root_path = (defined('PHPBB_ROOT_PATH')) ? PHPBB_ROOT_PATH : './';
$phpEx = substr(strrchr(__FILE__, '.'), 1);
include($phpbb_root_path . 'common.' . $phpEx);

$user->session_begin();
$auth->acl($user->data);

if ((int) $user->data['user_id'] == ANONYMOUS)
{
	login_box(request_var('redirect', "login.$phpEx"));
}

The error on my live board..
superg-rhea-1.png
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

3Di

Post by 3Di »

To add:
testing an extension for 3.1 on 3.2.0-b2 gives the same error about the use of request_var

$action	= request_var('action', '');
		$submit = isset($_POST['submit']) ? true : false;
		$forum_id = request_var('forum_id', 0);
using the code below code instead it works, at least doesn't throws any error and the ACP side of the extension is shown as it should. Just a test.

global $request;
		$action	= $request->variable('action', '');
		$submit = isset($_POST['submit']) ? true : false;
		$forum_id = $request->variable('forum_id', 0);

Elsensee
Former Team Member

Post by Elsensee »

neufke wrote: Tue May 10, 2016 6:57 pmthe longest part takes 10:34 mins, that should still trigger the max_execution_time of 600 yesterday (and is absolutely not acceptable) but is way LOWER than the 940 setting i tested before... and that puzzles me a bit.
That is indeed a very very long time. Also, this didn't trigger the max_execution_time since these 630 seconds happened on the database server alone and the time, that the script has spent there, are excluded from what PHP measures as script execution time.

neufke

Post by neufke »

Elsensee wrote: Fri May 13, 2016 12:41 pm
neufke wrote: Tue May 10, 2016 6:57 pmthe longest part takes 10:34 mins, that should still trigger the max_execution_time of 600 yesterday (and is absolutely not acceptable) but is way LOWER than the 940 setting i tested before... and that puzzles me a bit.
That is indeed a very very long time. Also, this didn't trigger the max_execution_time since these 630 seconds happened on the database server alone and the time, that the script has spent there, are excluded from what PHP measures as script execution time.
Then what triggers the timeout if that setting is not triggering it so i can test your theory... it is a local server so i am open to any suggestion... (and it would explain the time)

CHItA
Development Team
Development Team

Post by CHItA »

Elsensee wrote: Fri May 13, 2016 12:41 pm
That's not true on Windows.

janus

Post by janus »

There isn't a update package from 3.1.9?

JimA
Former Team Member

Post by JimA »

No, there isn't. Per one of the developers in another topic:
CHItA wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:09 pm b2 was released before 3.1.9 therefore there is no migration available.
Image Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Moderator Team Member
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

No support here on Area51, please visit the Support forums over at phpBB.com