Member managing tool?

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
3Di

Re: Member managing tool?

Post by 3Di »

Agreed.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

canonknipser

Post by canonknipser »

Did you check the extensions database? Maybe Email List satifys your needs
Greetings
Frank
phpbb.de support team member - no support via PM or mail
English is not my native language
Extensions and scripts for phpBB

MattF
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by MattF »

Stringence wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:41 pm "Spambot Countermeasures" in ACP doesn't stop all intruders. I use Q&A CAPTCHA, but some slip through anyway.
Nothing will ever stop "all intruders". If it's a human, and they want to join your site to spam you, they're going to join your site.

We have plenty of countermeasures for that.
- Captchas at registration
- The newly registered users group, which can be blocked from accessing and doing a lot until they've contributed.
- Post approval processes for new users.
etc...
Has an irascible disposition.

John P

Post by John P »

https://github.com/ForumHulp/Export-Import-Users can export your users in xml format.
From there you should be able to read them in Excel or whatever you want.

Stringence

Post by Stringence »

OK. Got the email list suggested above.

Uploaded it to root/ext.

In ACP > Tab Customize > Manage Extensions, and here it stops. There's no email extension present in the system.

Tried Export-import Users. In ACP > Tab Customize > Manage Extensions, and here it stops. There's no Export-import Users extension present in the system.

Next step?

david63

Post by david63 »

If you are not seeing anything in Manage extensions for any extensions then it would appear that you are not uploading them correctly. Have you unzipped them before uploading?

In any event this is not the correct place to be asking for support on installing extensions - that should be done in the support topic for the extension.
David
Remember: You only know what you know -
and you do not know what you do not know!

Stringence

Post by Stringence »

Moving this party to support.

//

neufke

Post by neufke »

Stringence wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:09 am In phpBB ACP there's no feature to manage members.

They forget their logins, e-mails, passwords, or all of it. I can't find them in ACP and help when there are problems. Nor can I sort out spam and "invading" members. More than 15 members, and you've lost control. All I can do is ask members to create new logins.