Search engine friedly url for phpbb

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
rob001

Search engine friedly url for phpbb

Post by rob001 »

Hallo World,

thats my first post here :-).

I have installed just the forum in the current version. I find no option to activate search engine friendly URL. Is this option available?

Perhaps there is already an answer in this board, but i have not found this :-/.

I´m not realy a prof on this topic. Can you help me please?

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader

Re: Search engine friedly url for phpbb

Post by DavidIQ »

No such option for SEO links and none currently in development.

Pony99CA

Post by Pony99CA »

However, there are lengthy discussions about it, both here and at phpBB.com. For example, trying reading the Human Readable URLs RFC.

SEO people say that it's a "must have", while other people say that, at best, you'll get a very minor bump in SERP.

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.

juliokr

Post by juliokr »

Pony99CA wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:32 am However, there are lengthy discussions about it, both here and at phpBB.com. For example, trying reading the Human Readable URLs RFC.

SEO people say that it's a "must have", while other people say that, at best, you'll get a very minor bump in SERP.

Steve
So why don't give the board owner the possibility to choose ?
Some developers made MOD's for sea-url's but unfortunately they gave up since phpbb 3.1.
So it would be a feature who would give futur to phpbb if the possibility would be "native"

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

Please reference the cited topic for further discussion.