phpBB 3.2.0-b2 released

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
RMcGirr83

Re: phpBB 3.2.0-b2 released

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Here's the question of the day. How does one update from 3.2.0-dev to b2? Can't find anything in the repos to be able to do that. Not a big deal I can trash the forum and start a new but still....
Do not hire Christian Bullock he won't finish the job and will keep your money

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Post by DavidIQ »

You should be able to just go to http://localhost/install/app.php/update (http://localhost/install/update would probably work as well)

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Trying it from the link in the ACP and there is no package of eg 3.0.2-dev to 3.0.2-b2 (this isn't local either btw). Each package I have tried states that the version isn't correct for what I have installed.

Like I said, no biggie as it's just a test forum and I don't allow nubs to register anyway.

[edit]and updated..a bit harrier than normal though[/edit]

Nicofuma
3.2 Release Manager
3.2 Release Manager

Post by Nicofuma »

That's because 3.2.0-dev isn't a version. You should drop the files and the update the database with the database only option
Member of the phpBB Development-Team
No Support via PM

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Which is just exactly what I did ;)

david63

Post by david63 »

Just updated from b1 -> b2 using the changed files and database update - worked perfectly taking no more than two minutes from start to finish (a great improvement from the previous time of three hours!)

A couple of observations:

1. I did not have an update notice on my board that there was an update available (I am fairly sure I have had one for previous alpha/beta updates) - even checking for updates did not return anything.

2. When I went into the install and arrived at the database update page (thanks so much for that) I had at the top
No valid update directory was found, please make sure you uploaded the relevant files.
Not sure what that means but the update went ahead OK.

3. After the update was complete I had the green success banner with a link "Go to admin panel" (or something similar) but on clicking it I was taken to the Home page of the board.
David
Remember: You only know what you know -
and you do not know what you do not know!

pierredu

Post by pierredu »

Me too (for the home page).
But the version remains 3.2.0.b1 in the ACP.

leschek

Post by leschek »

Should I be able to update phpBB 3.1.8 to 3.2.0 b2 (with "Update database only" option), if I'm not logged in?

Nicofuma
3.2 Release Manager
3.2 Release Manager

Post by Nicofuma »

yes. The install folder has to be removed when you are done, exactly like with all previous versions.
Member of the phpBB Development-Team
No Support via PM

leschek

Post by leschek »

Thank you