PHPBB3-14496 Automatic update relies on cache creating files in cache folder

Discuss requests for comments/changes posted in the Issue Tracker for the development of phpBB. Current releases are 3.2/Rhea and 3.3/Proteus.
Lady_G

PHPBB3-14496 Automatic update relies on cache creating files in cache folder

Post by Lady_G »

This is a continuation of a problem I described in Re: phpBB 3.1.8 RC1 released. I repeated the problem with released version 3.1.8. In Re: Discuss: phpBB 3.1.8 Released, Marc created a ticket and pull request with a suggested fix.

In summary, the update process from 3.1.6 to 3.1.8 is broken by memcache - I am not able to view file differences. There was no problem with the updater from version 3.1.5 to 3.1.6.

Ticket and pull request: [ticket/14496] Cache last update of update list instead of using filemtime by marc1706 · Pull Request #4192

JIRA bug tracker: [PHPBB3-14496] Automatic update relies on cache creating files in cache folder

I have incorporated the revised file install/install_update.php, but the problem has not been fixed. How can I debug this further?

My config.php (db usernames and password are examples):

Code: Select all

<?php
// phpBB 3.1.x auto-generated configuration file
// Do not change anything in this file!
$dbms = 'postgres';
$dbhost = '';
$dbport = '';
$dbname = 'Test';
$dbuser = 'Test';
$dbpasswd = 'Testpasswd';
$table_prefix = '';
$acm_type = 'memcache';
$load_extensions = '';

@define('PHPBB_DISPLAY_LOAD_TIME', true);

@define('PHPBB_INSTALLED', true);
// @define('DEBUG', true);
// @define('DEBUG_EXTRA', true);
Server: localhost
Environment: PostgreSQL 9.4.5 on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (GCC) 5.1.1 20150618 (Red Hat 5.1.1-4), 64-bit

Additional details: /phpbb/cache/driver/memcache.php is pointing to localhost:

Code: Select all

if (!defined('PHPBB_ACM_MEMCACHE_HOST'))
{
	define('PHPBB_ACM_MEMCACHE_HOST', 'localhost');
}
I cleared the cache/ directory before entering the file checking step.

Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Re: PHPBB3-14496 Automatic update relies on cache creating files in cache folder

Post by Marc »

Please try again with the revised patch. I replaced the use of the cache name as it seems like the global cache does not work as expected in the installer.

Lady_G

Re: PHPBB3-14496 Automatic update relies on cache creating files in cache folder

Post by Lady_G »

The revised patch is confirmed. I can view file differences and have successfully completed the file update process.

I did not test the database update section of the script, as I use the command line shell php bin/phpbbcli.php --safe-mode db:migrate.

I am now running 3.1.8 in my localhost test environment. Thank you.

JIRA has been updated - PHPBB3-14496