phpBB 3.2.0-b1 released

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
Cin

Re: phpBB 3.2.0-b1 released

Post by Cin »

Clean install = OK

Upgrade from 3.1.5 => massive errors.

The files update all right, but the database is one big mess.

I've tried manually using CLI (php bin/phpbbcli.php db:migrate)

But then I get this:
Migration already effectively installed (skipped): \phpbb\db\migration\data\v320\announce_global_permission
Apply dependencies of \phpbb\db\migration\data\v320\default_data_type_ids.
Apply dependencies of \phpbb\db\migration\data\v320\v320a2.
Apply dependencies of \phpbb\db\migration\data\v320\text_reparser.
Installing Data: \phpbb\db\migration\data\v320\text_reparser.
PHP Warning: DOMXPath::evaluate(): Couldn't fetch DOMElement in .../phpBB/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Configurator.php on line 7412

Warning: DOMXPath::evaluate(): Couldn't fetch DOMElement in .../phpBB/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Configurator.php on line 7412
PHP Warning: DOMXPath::evaluate(): Couldn't fetch DOMElement in .../phpBB/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Configurator.php on line 7412

Warning: DOMXPath::evaluate(): Couldn't fetch DOMElement in .../phpBB/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Configurator.php on line 7412

PHP Warning: DOMXPath::query(): Couldn't fetch DOMElement in .../phpBB/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Configurator.php on line 7498

Warning: DOMXPath::query(): Couldn't fetch DOMElement in .../phpBB/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Configurator.php on line 7498
PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in .../phpBB/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Configurator.php on line 7498

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in .../phpBB/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Configurator.php on line 7498
PHP Warning: DOMXPath::evaluate(): Couldn't fetch DOMElement in .../phpBB/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Configurator.php on line 7408

Warning: DOMXPath::evaluate(): Couldn't fetch DOMElement in .../phpBB/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Configurator.php on line 7408
PHP Warning: Couldn't fetch DOMElement. Node no longer exists in .../phpBB/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Configurator.php on line 7473

Warning: Couldn't fetch DOMElement. Node no longer exists in .../phpBB/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Configurator.php on line 7473
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function removeChild() on null in .../phpBB/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Configurator.php:7473
Stack trace:
#0 .../phpBB/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Configurator.php(7378): s9e\TextFormatter\Configurator\TemplateNormalizations\OptimizeChoose->optimizeChooseElement()
#1 .../phpBB/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Configurator.php(5098): s9e\TextFormatter\Configurator\TemplateNormalizations\OptimizeChoose->normalize(Object(DOMElement))
#2 .../phpBB/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Configurator.php(2671): s9e\TextFormatter\Configurator\TemplateNormalizer->normalizeTemplate('<xsl:choose><xs...')
#3 .../phpBB/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Configurator.php(5084): s9e\TextFormatter\Configurator\Items\Template->normalize(Object(s9e\TextFo in .../phpBB/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Configurator.php on line 7473

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function removeChild() on null in .../phpBB/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Configurator.php:7473
Stack trace:
#0 .../phpBB/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Configurator.php(7378): s9e\TextFormatter\Configurator\TemplateNormalizations\OptimizeChoose->optimizeChooseElement()
#1 .../phpBB/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Configurator.php(5098): s9e\TextFormatter\Configurator\TemplateNormalizations\OptimizeChoose->normalize(Object(DOMElement))
#2 .../phpBB/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Configurator.php(2671): s9e\TextFormatter\Configurator\TemplateNormalizer->normalizeTemplate('<xsl:choose><xs...')
#3 .../phpBB/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Configurator.php(5084): s9e\TextFormatter\Configurator\Items\Template->normalize(Object(s9e\TextFo in .../phpBB/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Configurator.php on line 7473
I also have many errors with extensions. I understand you can't address all of them here, but the frustrating thing is that I disable all of them before I try upgrading. But then I still get errors because there are for examples unknown notification types (thanks mod). Does this mean I have to not only disable, but remove all of my extensions completely? Because that would be a shame.

JoshyPHP

Post by JoshyPHP »

Cin wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:15 pmBut then I get this:
Do you have any custom BBCodes or custom templates for the default BBCodes? I don't know how to reproduce the errors related to DOMXPath.

Stoker

Post by Stoker »

Upgraded from 3.1.7-pl1
The db upgrade froze firefox, but I think everything is done.
However I get this error on first page load after purging cache:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Configurator.php on line 2085: DOMDocument::loadXML(): Namespace prefix text-decoration for none on a is not defined in Entity, line: 1
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Configurator.php on line 1786: DOMDocument::loadXML(): Namespace prefix text-decoration for none on a is not defined in Entity, line: 1

Cin

Post by Cin »

JoshyPHP wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:57 pm
Cin wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:15 pmBut then I get this:
Do you have any custom BBCodes or custom templates for the default BBCodes? I don't know how to reproduce the errors related to DOMXPath.
Edit: Ignore what I wrote previously, I still get the same error even after deleting all custom bbcodes (I had no custom templates). It seems the forum is stuck on trying to reparse the text, but fails with the aforementioned error.

JoshyPHP, if you don't know how to reproduce this, can you tell me what phpBB exactly is trying to do? Because I have no idea what's wrong.

JoshyPHP

Post by JoshyPHP »

Stoker wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:16 amHowever I get this error on first page load after purging cache:
Your templates must contain invalid HTML such as this:

<a text-decoration:none>{TEXT}</a>
It's only a PHP Warning so it shouldn't block the execution but you should still fix your invalid HTML if possible.
Cin wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:47 am JoshyPHP, if you don't know how to reproduce this, can you tell me what phpBB exactly is trying to do? Because I have no idea what's wrong.
The stack trace shows it happens while processing the templates. Either the flash, img or list BBCodes, the template used for emoji or potentially from custom BBCode templates from a style you installed.

I can't reproduce the issue because I can't figure out what kind of template would trigger it. There is also a possibility this is related to an outdated version of libxml or a bug in your version of PHP's iterator_to_array().

What you could do is edit the file in vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Configurator.php and insert some code around line 7271:

public function normalize(DOMElement $template)
	{
		$template->ownerDocument->save('/tmp/'.uniqid().'.xml');
Add that last line to save the content of your templates to your /tmp/ directory. Purge your cache then go post a new text and you should find a few dozens of .xml files in your /tmp/ dir. Put them in an archive and send them to me and I'll take a look at them asap.

Stoker

Post by Stoker »

JoshyPHP wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:06 pm
Stoker wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:16 amHowever I get this error on first page load after purging cache:
Your templates must contain invalid HTML such as this:

<a text-decoration:none>{TEXT}</a>
It's only a PHP Warning so it shouldn't block the execution but you should still fix your invalid HTML if possible.
Cin wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:47 am JoshyPHP, if you don't know how to reproduce this, can you tell me what phpBB exactly is trying to do? Because I have no idea what's wrong.
The stack trace shows it happens while processing the templates. Either the flash, img or list BBCodes, the template used for emoji or potentially from custom BBCode templates from a style you installed.

I can't reproduce the issue because I can't figure out what kind of template would trigger it. There is also a possibility this is related to an outdated version of libxml or a bug in your version of PHP's iterator_to_array().

What you could do is edit the file in vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Configurator.php and insert some code around line 7271:

public function normalize(DOMElement $template)
	{
		$template->ownerDocument->save('/tmp/'.uniqid().'.xml');
Add that last line to save the content of your templates to your /tmp/ directory. Purge your cache then go post a new text and you should find a few dozens of .xml files in your /tmp/ dir. Put them in an archive and send them to me and I'll take a look at them asap.
Thanks, it was one or more of my custom bbcodes. Cleared them all and that fixed the problem.

JoshyPHP

Post by JoshyPHP »

Nicofuma wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:05 pm Please test the packages to extend, so we can have a fail-save final release.
I confirmed that the errors posted by Cin were a bug in the library. I fixed it and released 0.4.9. The bug is very likely to be triggered by styles that contain a custom template for quotes so I recommend updating your dependency before your next release.

dmzx

Post by dmzx »

Nicofuma wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:25 pm @dmzx I think it's related to something done in the extension itself. That's why I'm asking which one
Will check on it which one it is there are 81 now active..

Whispere

Post by Whispere »

I tried to do clean install and when I upload files and when I go to /install folder I see blank page with this error:
Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /var/www/hosting/hypok.cz/install/startup.php on line 70

CHItA
Development Team
Development Team

Post by CHItA »

Whispere wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:05 pm I tried to do clean install and when I upload files and when I go to /install folder I see blank page with this error:
Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /var/www/hosting/hypok.cz/install/startup.php on line 70
Could you look up what was the error before that in your servers error log?