phpBB 3.2.0-a2 released

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
pierredu

Re: phpBB 3.2.0-a2 released

Post by pierredu »

Hello,

Here are my news from the trenches:

1) Trying to update from 3.2.0a2 to b1: I chose the option to download a file (I'm installing on a localhost, without FTP server). Where should I look for the archive? Not to be found, whether with the option *tar, *tar.gz or *.zip.

2) I deleted the whole folder ans tried a clean install. Always stopping at 11%. With F5, I have to type several times the same data (forum name, etc.). It happens that I see 22%, then very fast 33%, 44%, 55%(?), 67%, where we stop for the rest of the time. I always let the code executing 10-20 minutes. For me, it is clear that the informative (?) message about the progression is entirely fake. It happens that we get some informative message like installing the robots, and the like, but the message 'installing modules' is clearly too broad to be really informative.

Why was this version labelled b1 instead of a3?

CHItA
Development Team
Development Team

Post by CHItA »

1) Where you saved it.
2) I assume you run some variation of wamp, in which case you might want to do what i wrote here.
3) It was labeled b1 because it is a beta version not an alpha.

pierredu

Post by pierredu »

The code doesn't ask whether and where to save the archive.
This is not a variantion of wamp. Pure Apache and MySQL on localhost. Adminer instead of PhpMyAdmin.
I'll try again and note exactly what happens

CHItA
Development Team
Development Team

Post by CHItA »

I meant wamp as just the combination of stuff you use, so the assumption was that you're on windows.

Anuj Dhawan

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Hi,

I have been trying to install 3.2.0-a2 on a separate directory on my website but it always stuck on "Check requirements" on "installation Panel". I have used phpBB-3.1.7_to_3.2.0-a2.zip from https://download.phpbb.com/pub/release/ ... /3.2.0-a2/. My board was 3.1.8 before install. I did not find a phpBB-3.1.8_to_3.2.0-a2.zip but I think it should not be a problem. Can you please provide some guidance to complete this installation?

Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Marc »

There is no update from 3.1.8 to 3.2.0-a2 because 3.2.0-a2 was released long before 3.1.8. You should use the latest of phpBB 3.2 instead of using a fairly outdated alpha:
viewtopic.php?f=81&t=48971