phpBB 3.1.7 RC1 released

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Re: phpBB 3.1.7 RC1 released

Post by nickvergessen »

Dragosvr92 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:59 pm
Dragosvr92 wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:59 pm The Version check wasnt updated yet. It says im running the latest version 3.1.6.
*Facepalm*. Only now i realised its a RC and not the actual release :oops:
You can get notified about RCs when you enable this constant:
https://github.com/nickvergessen/phpbb/ ... ts.php#L34
Member of the Development-TeamNo Support via PM

Dragosvr92

Post by Dragosvr92 »

Yes, i used to do that on 3.0, but i stopped doing so in 3.1. I think this should be moved into the config.php file though.
Editing the core is supposed to be not required in 3.1.
Previous user: TheKiller

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Whether you edit constants.php or config.php, you are still "editing core". But this has more to do with QA stuff than actually editing core phpBB files.
Do not hire Christian Bullock he won't finish the job and will keep your money

Dragosvr92

Post by Dragosvr92 »

RMcGirr83 wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:11 am Whether you edit constants.php or config.php, you are still "editing core". But this has more to do with QA stuff than actually editing core phpBB files.
Actually, i dont consider the config.php file as a core file. It is.. a configuration file.
You always backup the config.php file with all the board setting-data, but none of the other .php files.
You have to always re enable the QA if you replace the files. We can enable DEBUG in the config file, why shouldnt we also enable the QA from the same place? Are there any other configurable settings in other files besides these? I dont think so..
Previous user: TheKiller

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Minutia really
Do not hire Christian Bullock he won't finish the job and will keep your money

Nicofuma
3.2 Release Manager
3.2 Release Manager

Post by Nicofuma »

There is other config files actually. And anyway you can define the constant in tour config file if you wish. It doesn't matter.
Member of the phpBB Development-Team
No Support via PM

FreeBeing

Post by FreeBeing »

Hi,

I found a bug between phpBB 3.1.7 RC1 and PHP 7.0.0, and I can't use phpBB tracker website because my login don't work (after few days).

I obtained "Login with your username and password from www.phpbb.com. Please note it can take up to four hours for your login details to synchronise between www.phpbb.com and our bug tracker." but it don't work.

My bug with PHP 7.0.0 :

If I want to see any topic (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6 for example), accents are broken (not on the homepage) and on the top I have many phpBB Debug messages similar to :
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
I also have :
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5282: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)"
On the homepage (index.php) no problem, accents are ok and I don't have any error message.

For now I reverted to PHP 5.6.16 ; I wait for PHP 7.0.x upgrade.

Please, can you reproduce and fix that bug ?

Thank you ;)

CHItA
Development Team
Development Team

Post by CHItA »

phpBB 3.1.x doesn't support PHP7, and will not support it. You'll have to use 3.2 for PHP7 compatibility when it is released.

FreeBeing

Post by FreeBeing »

Thank you for that, and you know when 3.2 will be released ? Maybe the first or second quarter of 2016 ?

CHItA
Development Team
Development Team

Post by CHItA »

Now it is in alpha, so it is very likely that it will be released in early 2016.