Automated testing: Convert database into xml fixture

Discuss general development subjects that are not specific to a particular version like the versioning control system we use or other infrastructure.
brunoais

Automated testing: Convert database into xml fixture

Post by brunoais »

Is there a way to convert a current DB state into a fixure?
I'm not sure about which data is used for some of the operation that are required to be made for testing a new feature I'm adding (the boolean improvement for built queries) and my "read topics started by other users" extension.
I already know what I want to test, I just don't know how to tell the framework how to setup the test for me.
About this, I read this part:
https://wiki.phpbb.com/Automated_Tests
I don't think that there's anything else about the subject.
The main reason why such conversion is useful is because I'm not sure which tables and which data is minimal for some of the operations I'm trying to test for both.

MattF
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Re: Automated testing: Convert database into xml fixture

Post by MattF »

No there isn't.

Look at the tests for phpBB for guidance There are tons of fixtures that will serve as examples for you.
Has an irascible disposition.

brunoais

Re: Automated testing: Convert database into xml fixture

Post by brunoais »

Oh well... I tried.
I just wanted to make sure that I could do tests to my extension with the forum state that I have on my local test (without forgetting anything).
Given that, I'll have to find which tables contain relevant information for the objective.... That will take some time...