[Template] search_results_posts_to_advanced_search_after

Request hook events and what data needs to be sent for the new hook system.
kasimi
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

[Template] search_results_posts_to_advanced_search_after

Post by kasimi »

I've ported parts of asinshesq's MOD View or mark unread posts. It needs to add a "Mark forums read" link to the search_results.html, right below the "Go to advanced search" link.

I tried to make things a bit cleaner by moving the event outside of the <p> element but the result didn't look quite right, so inside <p> it is. :?

"search_results_posts_to_advanced_search_after" because the event is not triggered for topic searches.

Prosilver v3.1.2, search_results.html, line 11:

Code: Select all

<p><a class="arrow-{S_CONTENT_FLOW_BEGIN}" href="{U_SEARCH}" title="{L_SEARCH_ADV}">{L_GO_TO_SEARCH_ADV}</a><!-- EVENT search_results_posts_to_advanced_search_after --></p> 
Subsilver2: I'm not familiar with it, and at a quick glance there doesn't seem to be a "Go to advanced search" link in that template file.

Wolfsblvt

Re: [Template] search_results_posts_to_advanced_search_after

Post by Wolfsblvt »

Hey. I have looked into it, and had a small chat with a dev.
This event is very very specific.

Can you maybe explain why you need it there? And can you maybe find a more common place for your content?
I've seen that there is no event in the search_results above the results themselves, so why not put it behind this:

Code: Select all

<!-- IF SEARCH_TOPIC -->
    <p><a class="arrow-{S_CONTENT_FLOW_BEGIN}" href="{U_SEARCH_TOPIC}">{L_RETURN_TO_TOPIC}</a></p>
<!-- ELSE -->
    <p><a class="arrow-{S_CONTENT_FLOW_BEGIN}" href="{U_SEARCH}" title="{L_SEARCH_ADV}">{L_GO_TO_SEARCH_ADV}</a><!-- EVENT search_results_posts_to_advanced_search_after --></p> 
<!-- ENDIF -->
I would change your request then and request the following two places:
https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/blob/dev ... s.html#L13
https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/blob/dev ... s.html#L28

When you say this looks not that cool.. there can be done very much just with css
Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred.
I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another,
then I prefer not to choose at all.

― Andrzej Sapkowski, The Last Wish

kasimi
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by kasimi »

Okay, Iooks good. I'll have to come up with a solution for L13. Thanks so much for your help!

Wolfsblvt

Post by Wolfsblvt »

kasimi wrote:Okay, Iooks good. I'll have to come up with a solution for L13. Thanks so much for your help!
Great to hear.

Ticket and pull request are done.
So it will be included in 3.1.4 as well.
Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred.
I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another,
then I prefer not to choose at all.

― Andrzej Sapkowski, The Last Wish