Subsilver 2 ?

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
Methen

Subsilver 2 ?

Post by Methen »

Do they plain on over hauling subsliver 2 to bring it up to day with the new phpbb 3.1 ?

nextgen

Re: Subsilver 2 ?

Post by nextgen »

The style package you can find it here https://download.phpbb.com/pub/release/ ... .0-RC6.zip
the style it separately from the phpBB package.
*Imagine a signature super spectacular.*

Methen

Post by Methen »

Yea I already seen that what I want to know is up they going to upgrade it so it has all the same features as the pro silver does?

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader

Post by DavidIQ »

Methen wrote:Yea I already seen that what I want to know is up they going to upgrade it so it has all the same features as the pro silver does?
No. Subsilver has the main/basic features but that's about it. We don't plan on changing it much from what it currently is nor updating it further. It will be completely abandoned when 3.2 comes out, or at least that's the plan.

Marshalrusty
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by Marshalrusty »

DavidIQ wrote:It will be completely abandoned when 3.2 comes out, or at least that's the plan.
That's not to say that someone from the community won't pick it up and update it.

EDIT: Please also see my point here: https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... #p13767941

NeilUK

Post by NeilUK »

Such a shame that subsilver is going by the way side, on my Forum I include it as a choice but my default is prosilver but 80% of my users have switched to subsilver! It's still so popular. Sadly taking it on myself is beyond my talents! I do actually prefer ProSilver myself but the masses on my Forums seem to prefer SubSilver.
"Life Is What Happens To You When You Are Busy Making Other Plans" - John Lennon

Louis7777

Post by Louis7777 »

^I prefer Subsilver's UCP layout.

Methen

Post by Methen »

DavidIQ wrote:
Methen wrote:Yea I already seen that what I want to know is up they going to upgrade it so it has all the same features as the pro silver does?
No. Subsilver has the main/basic features but that's about it. We don't plan on changing it much from what it currently is nor updating it further. It will be completely abandoned when 3.2 comes out, or at least that's the plan.
Something tells me you are going to have a whole lot of upset people if you abandoned Subsilver including me, I know a lot of people who still use it, I do not understand why the very fist template is being so neglected and not being brought up today that simply does not make any sense, I think I will be sticking with 3.012 if that is whats going to happen...

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

This was decided about 2-3 years ago and was even announced to the community. The feasibility of maintaining two styles makes even less sense than not maintaining it anymore and is why the decision was made to remove it. Like Marshalrusty said someone in the community can pick it up and I believe someone has made a subsilver lookalike based on prosilver.

noth

Post by noth »

correct https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/style/subsilver3 that is subsilver3 and looks amazing as well :D