[Define New Theme] 16. Better consistency & standards across the theme need to be created and enforced.

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
keith10456

Re: [Define New Theme] 16. Better consistency & standards across the theme need to be created and enforced.

Post by keith10456 »

hanakin wrote:Progress Update: http://hanakin.github.io/phpBB-StyleGuide/

been trying to update this as much as I can. finally got all the common stuff put in and added icons as well. Next up buttons, then all the other elements and components
Wow! Awesome job!

hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Re: [Define New Theme] 16. Better consistency & standards across the theme need to be created and enforced.

Post by hanakin »

REPO: https://github.com/hanakin/phpBB-StyleG ... index.html
DEMO: http://hanakin.github.io/phpBB-StyleGuide/

Updated the guide to allow for better modularity and versioning. All the components are now generated via their own html file as a test case and included in the overall index file.

I am using a JS port of TWIG to allow for better compatibility for porting over to phpBB.

Now that the core features of the framework are in place I can begin working on individual components. I will also rework the readme when I get a chance to better define the preferred requirements once everything is in place to allow for contribution on this to the community.
Louis7777 wrote:
brunoais wrote:It looks good but...
Could you please make the HTML easier to read (includes indenting) ? I'd like to read that also so that I can understand it better.
Yeah, big +1

Would it also be a good idea to add HTML comments? For example:

Code: Select all

<!-- OPEN JS SCRIPTS -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.11.0/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">window.jQuery || document.write(unescape('%3Cscript src="./assets/javascript/jquery.min.js?assets_version=1730" type="text/javascript"%3E%3C/script%3E'));</script><script type="text/javascript" src="./assets/javascript/core.js?assets_version=1730"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="./styles/prosilver/template/forum_fn.js?assets_version=1730"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="./styles/prosilver/template/ajax.js?assets_version=1730"></script>
<!-- CLOSE JS SCRIPTS -->
Not really sure what is meant by making it easier to read? Everything is properly indented as of now using HTML Pretty, but It may not have been t the time of the comment and if thats the case disregard
Donations welcome via Paypal Image

Louis7777

Post by Louis7777 »

^I mean comments like:

<!-- OPEN SECTION --> or <!-- BEGIN SECTION --> and <!-- CLOSE SECTION -->. "SECTION" could be header, navbar, forums, footer, js scripts etc.

hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Post by hanakin »

Louis7777 wrote:^I mean comments like:

<!-- OPEN SECTION --> or <!-- BEGIN SECTION --> and <!-- CLOSE SECTION -->. "SECTION" could be header, navbar, forums, footer, js scripts etc.
I understood the comments bit but its redundant as all the sections have a descriptive ID. Was more referring to brunoais's comment about indentation

hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Post by hanakin »

Updated the Readme to briefly outline purpose,processes, and requirements. Their is still more documentation to follow.

As I wrap up the development for the core framework, and transition into the beginnings of creating the new theme. I have begun to make changes and outline requirements and processes for everyone to contribute to the project.

I will be posting a detailed roadmap soon that will outline the process and requirements once I feel the documentation is sufficient to bolster both communities involvement.

- Hanakin

callumacrae
Former Team Member

Post by callumacrae »

hanakin wrote:I am using a JS port of TWIG to allow for better compatibility for porting over to phpBB.
Why? You're using a project with zero stars.

mustache has 6,809 stars on its JS project, and they're both based on Django and Jinja2 so they're both pretty much exactly the same.
Made by developers, for developers!
My blog

hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Post by hanakin »

not really familiar with js templating having not messed with them much. could not really find any decent resource to learn them. I look at it