How does 3.1 handle image attachments?

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Re: How does 3.1 handle image attachments?

Post by DavidIQ »

Ah...well no I'm not seeing that then. Maybe clear your cache or refresh? Does it do this on the stock browser, if it's not Chrome (AOSP-type systems use Chrome I believe)? How about a different browser?

Louis7777

Post by Louis7777 »

I was using Chrome with cleared cache.

I tried just now with the stock browser and Firefox for Android and it's fine.

So I can't figure out what's wrong with my Chrome. Since no one else sees it, let's ignore it.

FloFlo91

Post by FloFlo91 »

I got the same issue on my Nexus 4, with Android 4.4 and Chrome Browser.

Tried in Firefox for Android, and I do not have the horizontal scrollbar but I can scroll horizontaly the picture (like Chrome).

So there is a probleme with the borders of the picture I guess.
We have a max-width of 99% and 8px of padding (6px + 2px of borders) so 4px in the left and 4px in the right.

So I don't know where this problem comes from. It's a little bit hard to fix a mobile issue in the browser. I don't remember how to display a mobile view on a chrome or firefox desktop.

MattF
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by MattF »

To be clear:

The issue with an attached image is known, and a fix has already been proposed.

What Louis7777 has been talking about for these past 2 pages is an issue that seems limited to him and has NOT to do with images, but with the post content area itself presenting a scroll bar.
viewtopic.php?f=81&t=45791&start=10#p266341
Has an irascible disposition.