Do not preventDefault() on [modifier] + Tab press while pointer inside [code]

Note: We are moving the topics of this forum and it will be deleted at some point

Publish your own request for comments/change or patches for the next version of phpBB. Discuss the contributions and proposals of others. Upcoming releases are 3.2/Rhea and 3.3.
brunoais

Do not preventDefault() on [modifier] + Tab press while pointer inside [code]

Post by brunoais »

One new annoying thing with a change that was made in this new editor is that, if inside [ code] tags, pressing the "Tab" key always results in a new tab in the <textarea> no matter what modifiers are being also pressed. That really messes up with shortcut keys I use such as Ctrl + Tab and Ctrl + Shift + Tab.

I'd like to propose changing the relevant code such that only if Tab is pressed without any other modifiers also pressed, results in a Tab into the <textarea> at cursor point. Any objections or suggestions?

PayBas

Re: Do not preventDefault() on [modifier] + Tab press while pointer inside [code]

Post by PayBas »

+1. Although I doubt many users will experience this issue, the [ code] block is the one block where you might actually switch tabs more frequently.

brunoais

Re: Do not preventDefault() on [modifier] + Tab press while pointer inside [code]

Post by brunoais »

If people want, for consistency, Shift+Tab may be used to remove the said Tab.
Last edited by brunoais on Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PayBas

Post by PayBas »

brunoais wrote:If people want, for consistency, Alt+Tab may be used to remove the said Tab.
I'm not sure ALT+Tab can be captured in the same way. It's pretty hard-wired into Windows.

brunoais

Post by brunoais »

Ups. you got a point. I mistyped. I always meant Shift+Tab... I horribly mislabeled the button's name -_-...

There. fixed.

bantu
3.0 Release Manager
3.0 Release Manager

Post by bantu »

Sounds good to me.