[RFC] Don't Crop Image Attachments at 350px

These requests for comments/change have lead to an implemented feature that has been successfully merged into the 3.1/Ascraeus branch. Everything listed in this forum will be available in phpBB 3.1.
MattF
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

[RFC] Don't Crop Image Attachments at 350px

Post by MattF »

Image attachments that are placed inline in posts (not thumb-nailed) are presented inside of an invisible DIV element contained to a maximum height of 350 pixels.

This means that if your attachment settings for images allow images to display that are bigger than this restriction, the image will appear cropped, and the user must scroll within the DIV element to see all of the image.

I do not see why the DIV containing the inline image attachments needs to be restricted to a max height of 350px. It should allow the entire posted image attachment to show, same as the [ img ] tag does. I would also argue this for the non-inline attachments as well (which are presented inside of a visible DIV box)

I propose removing this limitation. Basically just removing the max-height: 350px; overflow: auto; rules from the "attach-image" class resolves this issue.

It should be noted that subsilver2 does not have this limit, and shows the images in all their glory.
Has an irascible disposition.

PayBas

Re: [RFC] Don't Crop Image Attachments at 350px

Post by PayBas »

Agreed. And perhaps it makes things easier for your lightbox script too.

MattF
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by MattF »

Has an irascible disposition.

imkingdavid

Post by imkingdavid »

This was merged into 3.1, so I'm moving this to the 3.1 Merged RFCs forum.
I do custom MODs. PM for a quote!
View My: MODs | Portfolio
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Remember, the enemy's gate is down.