phpBB 3.1 Alpha2 Preview Release

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
naderman
Consultant

phpBB 3.1 Alpha2 Preview Release

Post by naderman »

Please see our blog post for the release announcement at https://blog.phpbb.com/2013/11/21/phpbb ... w-release/

aleha

Re: phpBB 3.1 Alpha2 Preview Release

Post by aleha »

I untar the automatic install package phpBB-3.1.0-a1_to_3.1.0-a2.tar.bz2 in my forum root but under the SYSTEM tab in ACP I do not get an option for update.
Am I missing something here?
Last edited by aleha on Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen »

the option is only displayed for stable releases, you will ahve to go to install/ directly
Member of the Development-TeamNo Support via PM

aleha

Post by aleha »

Doing that I get a blank page, and by looking at my apache log I get the following.
Thu Nov 21 17:37:24 2013] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'InvalidArgumentException' with message 'The file "tables.yml" does not exist (in: ., /var/www/forum/install/update/new/config).' in /var/www/forum/vendor/symfony/config/Symfony/Component/Config/FileLocator.php:72\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/forum/vendor/symfony/config/Symfony/Component/Config/Loader/FileLoader.php(70): Symfony\\Component\\Config\\FileLocator->locate('tables.yml', '.', false)\n#1 /var/www/forum/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Symfony/Component/DependencyInjection/Loader/YamlFileLoader.php(97): Symfony\\Component\\Config\\Loader\\FileLoader->import('tables.yml', NULL, false, 'services.yml')\n#2 /var/www/forum/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Symfony/Component/DependencyInjection/Loader/YamlFileLoader.php(54): Symfony\\Component\\DependencyInjection\\Loader\\YamlFileLoader->parseImports(Array, 'services.yml')\n#3 /var/www/forum/install/update/new/phpbb/di/extension/core.php(49): Symfony\\Component\\DependencyInjection\\Loader\\YamlFileLoader->load('services.yml')\n#4 in /var/www/forum/vendor/symfony/config/Symfony/Component/Config/Loader/FileLoader.php on line 100
If there is no DB update I could use the patch files.

nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen »

Which update are you using

Prosk8er

Post by Prosk8er »

naderman wrote:Please see our blog post for the release announcement at https://blog.phpbb.com/2013/11/21/phpbb ... w-release/
looks like https://download.phpbb.com/pub/release/ ... hanges.zip hasn't been uploaded yet?

nextgen

Post by nextgen »

To my also me this error appears.
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'InvalidArgumentException' with message 'The file "tables.yml" does not exist (in: ., /home3/starrk/public_html/area51/install/update/new/config).' in /home3/starrk/public_html/area51/vendor/symfony/config/Symfony/Component/Config/FileLocator.php:72 Stack trace: #0 /home3/starrk/public_html/area51/vendor/symfony/config/Symfony/Component/Config/Loader/FileLoader.php(70): Symfony\Component\Config\FileLocator->locate('tables.yml', '.', false) #1 /home3/starrk/public_html/area51/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Symfony/Component/DependencyInjection/Loader/YamlFileLoader.php(97): Symfony\Component\Config\Loader\FileLoader->import('tables.yml', NULL, false, 'services.yml') #2 /home3/starrk/public_html/area51/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Symfony/Component/DependencyInjection/Loader/YamlFileLoader.php(54): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Loader\YamlFileLoader->parseImports(Array, 'services.yml') #3 /home3/starrk/public_html/area51/install/update/new/phpbb/di/extension/core.php(49): in /home3/starrk/public_html/area51/vendor/symfony/config/Symfony/Component/Config/Loader/FileLoader.php on line 100
I'm using the automatic update package from 3.1.0 a1 to 3.1.0 a2.
*Imagine a signature super spectacular.*

nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen »

aleha

Post by aleha »

OK cool.
For now to avoid reinstallation I did the following and things worked out:
  • copied my a1 config/*.yml to install/update/old/config/
  • copied from the full a2 package the config/*.yml to install/update/new/config/