[RFC|Merged] notification box

These requests for comments/change have lead to an implemented feature that has been successfully merged into the 3.1/Ascraeus branch. Everything listed in this forum will be available in phpBB 3.1.
Kamahl19

Re: [RFC|Merged] notification box

Post by Kamahl19 »

Of course, if we want to simplify customizing prosilver as much as possible, we should make a separate css for Notification box, otherwise it is styled by Navbar ul list class.

Weskey

Post by Weskey »

I would also suggest that "friendship requests" also appear in the notifications, I read the topic almost completely, but did not see anything related.

NORDLANDVOLK

Post by NORDLANDVOLK »

Weskey wrote:I would also suggest that "friendship requests" also appear in the notifications, I read the topic almost completely, but did not see anything related.
+1
sorry for my bad english :oops:

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

There is no such thing as a friendship request in phpBB. An extension adding such a feature could certainly make a notification for it.

Weskey

Post by Weskey »

EXreaction wrote:There is no such thing as a friendship request in phpBB. An extension adding such a feature could certainly make a notification for it.
When I said "Friendship", I was referring to the system of "Add Friend" of phpBB.
In the forums I frequent, many people only see that someone has added you as a friend, when accessing the page manage "friends" in the User Control Panel, and many people do not know that page, so I think with a notification would be more interesting.

------------------------------
And I think a button to "Mark All as Read" would also be very interesting in small notification popup.
Attachments
friend.PNG
(31.14 KiB) Downloaded 2451 times

keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

Weskey wrote:
EXreaction wrote:There is no such thing as a friendship request in phpBB. An extension adding such a feature could certainly make a notification for it.
When I said "Friendship", I was referring to the system of "Add Friend" of phpBB.
In the forums I frequent, many people only see that someone has added you as a friend, when accessing the page manage "friends" in the User Control Panel, and many people do not know that page, so I think with a notification would be more interesting.

And I think a button to "Mark All as Read" would also be very interesting in small notification popup.
I see what you mean... So when someone add you as a Friend you receive a notification - correct?

If I'm right about what you're saying... +1.

Weskey

Post by Weskey »

keith10456 wrote:
Weskey wrote:

I see what you mean... So when someone add you as a Friend you receive a notification - correct?

If I'm right about what you're saying... +1.
Yes +1

king577

Post by king577 »

nice!!

Meis2M

Post by Meis2M »

i'm one of persian translator of phpBB. Persian language is RTL. i create a area51 site for that here.

after that i see a problem with RTL language in notification box.
see that:
07-Jun-14 13-32-49.png
07-Jun-14 13-32-49.png (37.67 KiB) Viewed 22490 times

PayBas

Post by PayBas »

Meis2M wrote:i'm one of persian translator of phpBB. Persian language is RTL. i create a area51 site for that here.

after that i see a problem with RTL language in notification box.
see that:
07-Jun-14 13-32-49.png
https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/pull/2514